#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

I don’t want to lose either, Just saying both out of contract.

I’m actually pretty bullish on what, Langers will bring this year and Laverde just needs a fair run at it.

Uh oh!

1 Like

Seen him out a bit?
I think he and a few of the boys go pretty hard

Yeah and hearing hes going out a fair bit, hope he tones it down coming into the season :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Agreed. Especially Langford, if he struggles in the middle and/or doesn’t get games I’m sure there are clubs who would love to put him on a HFF where he’s looked best. Especially as if he doesn’t solidify a spot this year his trade price would be a bag of chips.

1 Like

What happend to Laverde in the intra club. He left the ground around the same time as Hurley but didn’t return either

I’ll take my answer in the form of a new thread.

4 Likes

The one thing we learnt from last pre-season was that our forward line was unstoppable when it got down there (especially the combination of little guys). Turns out that applied against other teams too!

1 Like

What we learnt from this pre-season is that our VFL players are going to kick a lot of goals.

1 Like

And that our VFLW team will struggle to kick them.

2 Likes

Think precaution. Theyre managing his workload as he had tight hammys during the week

2 Likes

Assuming that Laverde and Langford struugle this year, my guess is Langford will find another club, while Laverde is no certainty to find a club.

That’s a very long straw to draw.

One thing is certain, the saints chased Laverde quite aggressively in 2016-17, however I’m not aware of a club showing any interest in Langford at any stage.

Still have nfi where Laverde is going to play, should his form warrant senior selection. Thats not a good thing.

They would both be snapped up in a trice

5 Likes

Dead set, the pelicans are out in force in this thread.

No question Lav is a serious talent, but he does need to have some luck with injuries (& should never play Geelong again…).

If he does, he’ll be predominantly an outside midfielder/winger who pushes forward, but at his best he’ll be someone they can deploy anywhere on the ground if needed.

2 Likes

2 years ago Laverde entertained the idea of moving to St Kilda. If the Saints go there again (on the back of an enticing offer) good chance Laverde will go. Change of scenery, change of luck?

Yeah! Who’ll be left to pull the bows??

Wasn’t it his agent who entertained the idea of getting Laverde to St. Kilda, and Laverde and his parents wanted to re-sign with Essendon regardless of the better offer from St. Kilda, but the agent (Paul Connors, everyone’s favourite agent, I think?) refused to budge?