#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Not sure if this has any implications re: landing an elite mid in the trade period but in isolation I am thrilled with the news of Lav re-signing.

I really rate his upside and the player he can become with an injury free run.

This pre-season becomes enormously important for him now.

2 Likes

Meh

He’ll play the first 3 games of 2019 before finding some way to hurt himself for 6+ weeks. I have very little faith in his body can stand up to the rigours of AFL

I think it’s the right decision to re sign him in the small hope he can do something, as we’re probably in a position to have 1 spot in a guy like him. but he can consider himself very fkg lucky to get another 2 years on the back of nothing but β€œwhat could be”

4 Likes

Has his value increased now we signed him?

Not sure Lavender will play enough to achieve that.

Gotta fkg laugh at how lav should consider himself lucky considering the absolute charity we’ve done for some blitz favourites .

1 Like

Which were all wrong decisions. What’s your point? Oh we gave jerrett 7 years, fk a contract extension for lav is a no brainer!?!?!

He is lucky. Fk all in 4 years and gets another 2. I’m hoping he does get it all right - he could be a good player. But you don’t agree he’s lucky to get 2 years?

1 Like

I remember the day we gave Jerrett a 7 year contract. Everyone was up in arms

Yeah that’s up there with best of a ripe bunch today Blitz. β€˜Lucky’ should definitely be the kids nickname. Lucky Lav and his sideshow of freak injuries.

Our forward line has been unpredictable for years.

So LAV has had dominant VFL performances when fit this year, including midfield time.
And then when breaks into senior team in final round probably plays his best game for club.

List management decision clearly based on that and obviously what is seen at training.

Club rates him. Probably was getting 3yr offers elsewhere to try and drag him away as other clubs rate him also. So if middle ground from our 1yr initial offer (pre the Port game) is now 2yrs seems ok to me & you back the club in.

It’s literally only injury not talent that has held him back.

And hopefully he can progress to be viable strong bodied inside mid/medium fwd depth for us. If Stringer or Lang get injured he’s def in.

2 Likes

Based purely on his performances in the AFL across his career. He’s extremely lucky to get 2 years.
However, the club has a lot more considerations than that. And when you are taking about a 22yo, β– β– β– β– β– β–  oath their future potential is a massive factor.
Plus, the club has a lot more information than we do wrt his chances of realising that potential. Such as his performance at training/VFL, attitudes, work ethic, psych, etc. as well as a shed load more info about his injury history/body and whether they can get that right.
Personally, I think he’s more likely to get passed his injury troubles than you think.

1 Like

I’d be curious to know one of these blitz favourites we’ve done charity for.
I reckon every player who has been given too long isn’t a blitz favourite

@barnz was too scared to mention Myers, who has now justified his 3 year contract from the completion of the suspension !

he hasnt justified anything.

3 Likes

Salami, since when have i not thought myers wasn’t underwhelming.

1 Like

Not sure if serious, but I gravely hope you’re joking. GRAVELY.

3 Likes

Who’s re-signing is going to get the last part of this?

NINA?

1 Like

Lav’s first quarter he played against Port was good. If he can do that on a semi consistent basis he will easily justify the 2 years.