#15 Jayden Laverde - ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐“›๐“ช๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ ๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐• (Part 1)

Yeah i rate him too. Just being a smart โ– โ– โ– โ– .

1 Like
7 Likes

Time for a change to the thread title.

#15 Jayden Laverde - isnโ€™t Superstitious

3 Likes

Keeping 15 green

13 Likes

Go get 'em, Jayden.

2 Likes

Good little story. Shows why numbers in Australian football are important and to an extent why names on jumpers arenโ€™t a good idea.

Good to see that youโ€™ve got to write a pitch to the coach in order to move into Toorak.

You will have to prepare a case for that title change, work with a wordsmith to sharpen up your wording, grammar and spelling then you can submit it to Blitz management for approval.

2 Likes

Let go of him at your peril.
Well just a little bit of peril.

It shows that?

Butโ€ฆbutโ€ฆbutโ€ฆ

Number 15 has generally been reserved for rovers and wingers since the late 50s, i.e. recent memory.

Dempsey, Michael Prior and RFK have been the most robustly built.

Others include Alby Murdoch, Don Gross, Wayne Otway, Geoff Burdett, Wayne Primmer, Alan Ezard, Mark Alveyโ€ฆall little fellas.

1 Like

I thought it was shortly after this that your memory started to fail?

To be fair, that is not long after he moved into the retirement village

1 Like

lav.

Done.

P.S. If you go back to the โ€œfirst day videoโ€ youโ€™ll see three of the newbies sitting at the 31, 32 and 33 lockers. Make of that what you will.

(31=Mosquito, 32=Gown, 33=Ham; Jok not shown.)

1 Like

From the article:

I first presented my case for a change to Matt Oโ€™Hanlon, who heads up the clubโ€™s football operations and compliance. Matt helped me with a proposal I sent to Dan Richardson and John Worsfoldโ€ฆ

Yikes. #governance

4 Likes

Interesting that hr decided to write an article rather than having an video interview; 'twas rather refreshing

1 Like

From that list of previous No. 15โ€™s, the other common aspect I remember is a distinct lack of sensible haircuts.
Wild and woolly would be the defining style, with a couple of exceptions.

Is Laverde planning on letting himself go?

I was ready to begin a new chapter in life and footy. This meant moving out of home, having a strong off-season

Um, just floating this, and please donโ€™t take offence any millennials who are still living at home with facial hair, but having to look after yourself is a big step toward becoming an adult. Iโ€™m glad Jayden is an adult this year, may he blossom on field without the comfort of knowing he can rest in the ever welcoming bosom afterwards if things go wonky. Wow!

1 Like

No one will want number 33 now. Pity the poor bugger who gets it.

1 Like

I suspect his relatives are blaming the winds around the Hanger giving him un colpo dโ€™aria. And if he hasnโ€™t dried his hair properly before going out then he only has himself to blame.