#15 Jayden Laverde - 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝓛𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Summons up his best Foghorn Leghorn voice “it’s a joke son”

Andy Wilson was a good player in our dark days though.

6 Likes

Crichton Medals in the 70s, 80s, and 2000s.
And Caracella was obviously pretty handy, too.
Seems like a pretty good number to me.
Still, not saying Laverde shouldn’t have changed if he wanted to.

1 Like

Yes young man,I did see the obvious, but thought I’d be a bit subtler with “three great players” and the history of 33.
Although most Blitzers won’t have seen Andy Wilson play - an underrated gem of a typically tough Essendon rover.

33 - Total number 6
15 - Total number 6

He should have picked some other number, as numerology wise, he hasn’t changed it much. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I like it. There is a sense of focus and drive in the article which bodes well. Rest him against Geelong and hope his luck holds.

The more selection headaches the better I say.

1 Like

I don’t mind that so much as him being half ess half fc by his own admission.

■■■■ CARLTON

1 Like

They probably gave him more money for 20 odd games than we gave him for 200!

Gonna explode in 2019 and do a reverse Ivan Drago from Rocky IV.

Started off getting knocked around,but will end up kicking ■■■■.

He was a ripping player Glenn Hawker. Beautifuly balanced, great mover and a fantastic kick off both sides. He was probably our most skillfull player of the great 80s teams. In 1986 he was at the height of his powers, we called him “brownlow” from the early rounds, he eventually lost to by 2 votes to Dippa and Williams. The centre line of Hawker/Baker/Neagle was a thing of great beauty.

15 Likes

Dippa and Diesel, best but far from fairest. Agree with all of the above. He had a unique running style as well, he held the ball really low, just above his knee, which aided his balance and meant he could always get a kick away. These days he would be considered too skinny.

2 Likes

im not superstitious but i 100% believe he plays geelong again not only is his career over, but his future too.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry, the Geelong game is in round 7. He’ll be injured by then anyway.

3 Likes

I reckon he plays against the Cats, gets through it uninjured and the monkey is off his back.
Then, no holding him back.

1 Like

Very fast he was Andy and a consistent
above average player in a below average team

3 Likes

Gun tennis player too, from memory.

Wimmera player from the zone…Warracknabeal?

3 Likes

Do in season games count, or are all his Geelong injuries in the preseason?

Pretty sure he got injured in season against Geelong in 2016

1 Like

Not sure sorry

Yeah he did, i think his shoulder perhaps.