#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Thought he was good way more tougher and quicker as mid than Langford,Langford is better suited at the at HF/wing,

Oh my lordy

Really like him as a half forward who can push up the ground and provide that link up target - I’d play him similar to Adelaide’s Tom Lynch.

4 Likes

I think he should play middle I would have Langford HF

Oh yeah. I’d scrolled down and added disposals and kicks.

Still, he had a presence and intensity that was lacking from most of our team and was easily top 10 for us. Will be an absolute wrecking ball.

Sure he only had to play a half (so could spend his tickets quicker) but so did some other guys like Merret who had no impact despite only having limited minutes.

1 Like

For any game against Geelong he is best suited to watching from the stands (and thus avoid serious injury).

4 Likes

This is an excellent post. Deserves more likes.

One thing I clearly remember from that time was just how good all the players were overhead. So many of them were top quality markers of the ball. Clean hands, one grab & they were off. They could also kick the pill & loved kicking goals on the run. We had unlimited scoring options.

1 Like

Watch the last game of the season

Get this cvnt IN round 1. PLEASE. Talent to burn

8 Likes

BRING HIM IN

6 Likes

Been around the world

2 Likes

Laverde needs to play round one. Brings some additional Mongrel to the forward line.

2 Likes

And with Daniher down, a forward line built around Brown and Smack will need that extra bit of height and leading patterns inside forward 50 up to the wings. He’d also add to the midfield rotations which differentiates himself from Stewart.

1 Like

I’m on the LAV bandwagon. Bring the young lad in. Let him bury Heater in the turf. LAV!

1 Like

Stringer already does that

Unless Stringer or Langford are out I don’t really see a place for LAV.

He fitted in vs Port end of last year only because we went in with one kpf in Brown only. If Langford in time can transition into Myers spot then LAV could secure a permanent spot.

2 Likes

I think it’s completely illogical to suggest that Daniher’s absence means there is more need for Lav to play.
Smack is a clear like for like replacement for Joe.
Nothing else changes.

Whether Lav plays or not will have nothing to do with Joe’s absence

3 Likes

FF Smack
CHF JD

Depends whether they intended to play Joe plus 1 or Joe plus 2 talls.

If we were gonna play Joe +1 then you’re right, if they were going to structure up with Joe +2 then it would be out of Laverde and Stewart for the vacant 3rd spot.

I don’t include Stringer as a structural tall

I think it’s odd to include Laverde as a tall but not Stringer. Stringer plays taller than Laverde imo

2 Likes

Stringer has never really been a great marking player, his hands have been his biggest issue in his forward craft. I’ve always seen him as a tall small forward, and that’s something that always frustrated my dogs mate when Beveridge had him playing at FF.

Jayden is a Lead-Mark player in the forwardline who presents well up onto the wing as a link up option, his best games in the twos were when he played as a KPF in our very small forwardline and whilst he is undersized he plays as a more traditional β€˜tall’

4 Likes

I reckon he’s a confidence player too, as they said in Top Gun, β€œKeep sending him up”.

1 Like