#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Get him out of the forwardline.

Having a cursed player, play in the Essendon version of the Bermuda Triangle is a recipe for disaster.

Darcy Daniher, Courtney Johns, Scott Gumbletron, Jason Winderlich, Jayden Laverde and the entire 2019 forward line, even Lloyd couldn’t catch a trick in the back half of his career. Hird copped more than his share of strange injuries too. Then there is Coleman way back when.

2 Likes

Just really shattered for Jayden. I am an unashamed fan of his footballing.

2 Likes

He’s cooked*

*actually mean it

1 Like

They called him Mr Glass

2 Likes

This game just isn’t fair for some players.

6 Likes

Did it just look like a regulation 3-4 week hamstring injury?

Seriously bad news for the guy. Just when he was showing such promise and a spot was open for him to come in.

… for the Nth time!

I’ve seriously lost count now.

Relax.
Just a knock to the hamstring.

Is this true? As in he got a knock?

Nah, are you familiar with the Myers β€˜just a knock to the calf’ medical report from 5 or so years ago ?

No such thing as an Essendon 4 week hammy.

Really?

Ffs
Kids need extended, uninterrupted run of games, week after week. Otherwise they really struggle to reach potential. Very disappointed for him.

Its probably never going to happen. Some people’s bodies just cannot cope. Jayden is pretty much a great example of this

Be a miracle if he carves out a successful career, imo. Not doubting his ability for a second though

2 Likes

Nah, there have been heaps of players who were injury prone early in their careers, and as they matured physically, they became more durable.
Myers and Hooker off the top of my head.

Edit - Moore of Collingwood - should they have given up on him? Rohan? Wood from Bluedogs (I just can’t remember his first name).

1 Like

It’s a shame, he was ripping that first quarter to shreds

1 Like

Saints will give us a second rounder. We should take it and run.

Physically mature? He’s a specimen. He’s no kid

He looks at the pill and gets injured. Fk me i hope he gets a run at it desperatly, i rate him. But on all available evidence, he probably wont.

At least he’s generally BOG before getting injured. Worth persisting with.

1 Like