#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

I’m actually devastated by this. Worse than when I saw the death of football on Thursday.

Just seems like the whole Dempsey/Myers thing all over again. The positive thing is that those players eventually got some kind of career going after unlucky initial years. Has enough talent where you would persist with for a few years yet. Good thing is his injuries aren’t as serious as say Gumby’s back or Tayte Pears foot.

1 Like

Early Tayte Pears would have been made for today’s game.

He could have been anything.

9 Likes

He’s done.

Needs some β€œoff-field woes” before they are interested.

Maybe Woosha should start having breaky with him once a week, or he should get some s**t tatts?

Should have traded him long ago now he’s worthless. Suggested at the time could have been for a 2nd-3rd rounder, could of have picked up a Constable, Worpel even jack Ross.

Poor guy, hopefully he can get a run at it before the seasons out.

1 Like

Didn’t sound like it was anything major, most likely a very conservative approach. I suspect it was from a change in direction on the bowls club side near the boundary line (29:40 in the replay) but he was still on the ground 1.5 mins later and jogging round. Made a diving mark attempt near the bench, then came off at 31:10. Commentary suggested that it wasn’t much since he looked fine in a number of run throughs on the boundary line, was looking very angry that they wouldn’t let him out.

So maybe they were being precautionary and hoping he would be ok for the Geelong game?

3 Likes

@goon_squad pls

5 Likes

I don’t think so.

We’ll be extra cautious and get his hammies proper right, then we go again and hope for the best it might click.

Even Dempsey got his body right after a while.

maybe optimistic to think he’d be OK for that. But it didn’t sound like it was much, no visible limping and report suggested he was running fine. So it could have been jumping at shadows for him with his bad injury history.

1 Like

That’s what Im hoping for too,

that hes just felt a really small niggle and they have been Ultra cautious.

Its still not good news either way because this keeps happening.
But hopefully its only 1 week of rest.

Who has the time and info to put together his injury history?

What’s the breakdown (no pun) on soft tissue versus impact:break injuries?

Does he have too much GIRTH on his frame for his legs?

1 Like

Now there’s a word that doesn’t get used enough these days.

GIRTH

5 Likes

@goon_squad
I don’t know anymore than anyone else but after the game the other players were β€˜getting around him’, patting him on the back, hugging him etc. Going by the looks on faces and body language it looked more like a serious thing than not.

2 Likes

Also Mitch Brown, Vardy & Lincoln McCarthy just to name 3 players delisted or traded by the cats as injuries were stopping their careers, who are showing a fair bit now.

1 Like

What’s the ideal girth to leg ratio?

1 Like

What are you talking about ?
I hear that word all the time !

5 Likes