#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Tiring isn’t!

1 Like

There’s a couple of pokemon role-players…

1 girth to two legs, I think.

2 Likes

@Heather_Mills might disagree

That’s what she said. :wink:

p.s. Replied to the wrong person @Crazy_Bomber

Tried to have a go, hard to find any good info though. Might be missing some but my summary is:

• 2019 - hamstring, ankle
  • 2018 - hamstring x2 plus 1 unknown (VFL injury semi final)
  • 2017 - ankle (vs Geelong)
  • 2016- shoulder (vs Geelong)

So my take is 3 soft tissue injuries (all hamstrings, 2 short and 1 major 10 weeks) and 3 impact injuries (1 short and 2 major).

Clearly the hammies are a weakness and all in the last 2 years

5 Likes

Tl;dr version,

HE’S COOKED

Any actual news on injury status?

imagine if they played him and he did his hammy in the first quarter, this place would be in melt down.

Surely he is no chance to play against Geelong.
Would imagine minimum 2 weeks even if its the lowest grade hamstring.

1 Like

Even the mildest hammy , given his history, will see him miss the 21 day/3 week minimum.

1 Like

Might have the potential but the body having trouble with the rigours of the sport.

3 Likes

I don’t recommend that you google this question.

feel really sorry for him. We just want to see Lav get through a season without any injuries.

2 Likes

I remember as a kid, players used to only miss 3 weeks with hammy’s. I heard the other day that it was after MRI’s came in that they miss 6+ weeks.

My Question is, why not get rid of the MRI?

14 Likes

Crowe mentioned this earlier in year.

That in past 3wk hammy common but because they weren’t able to see if it was tendon related then was far greater likelihood of immediate reoccurrence.

Now with MRI know for sure so able to assess more accurately, and more appropriate healing time frame.

Additionally, you can’t play the modern game unless you can do at least 10km and regularly hit 100% top speed.

10-15 years ago if Michael Voss or James Hird were injured you could plonk them in the square for the match. Does not work anymore.

1 Like

Laverde comparisons to Winderlich are getting clearer by the day

Thanks Speedy. That’s where I heard it too.

I wonder what the stats are around whether they re-occur less often now?

Disagree. Geelong did it with Danger last year after he hurt his leg. He kicked like 15 goals or something.

Probably hard to gauge as the running demands of the players are greater than ever now

2 Likes