#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Buddy manages to get away with a one week hamstring

Clearly didn’t have an MRI.

5 Likes

The stats show that the number of new hamstring injuries per year have not changed. But the number of recurrences are down 1 hamstring per club per year.

So yes, they are down, and certainly suggests they are being managed better

1 Like

Also, there are higher incidents if soft tissue injuries early in the year aka first 6 weeks than later.

@Heather_Mills

1 Like

A good reason to shift the start of the season further back, maybe?

1 Like

Anyone have an update on his hammy?

That’s me. One hamstring. One club.

3 Likes

That doesn’t seem like much of an improvement to me.

Even less of an improvement if you weigh up the games lost.

He’s cooked mate.

1 Like

The training report for today (Tues) said he did light running with the rehab group . That was taken to mean he must have suffered only a minor strain. Also was stated that Paul Cousins said on his podcast that it was β€œat the minor end of the scale”.

2 Likes

Not on the AFL injury list. Thanks for the clarity.

We are going to extreme lengths to avoid the hoodoo.

1 Like

Looks like more tightness. One week

1 Like

Because it’s LAV, … and he’s coming back from this exact same injury, . 2 to 3.

Get him fkn right to go and have a clear shot and not re do it again, … even if it takes another 5!

3 Likes

2 Likes

11 Likes

About 16% fewer injuries and 4 less games lost per team is much of an improvement, especially for a stat that has never previously improved.

You’ve obviously got some fact and figures there so I cant argue with that.

But I find it hard to compute that a 16% reduction in injuries results in 4 less games lost when the number of games lost per player has increased by 100% (i.e. hammies have gone from 3 weeks to 6 weeks).

I’m obviously missing something or looking at it too simplistically.

Rehab times now reflect the severity of the injury, rather than guesswork. A normal injury is 3 weeks, this hasn’t changed. A bad one gets 6. Previously a bad one got 3 weeks, then played and reinjured.