#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Except Myers has been on the list for 3 times as long. Just marinate on that.

Yes, but very similar career to date.

Credit to Saladin for that one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hope Lav can stay on the park for the rest of the year and prove all the doubters wrong. Has been really unlucky with injuries but if he can get a good run of it I think he can be a gun. Let’s hope.

4 Likes

Very tough game to come back into the side again

Not a day weather wise for the marking fwds and Tigers structure up so well made life difficult for him

Was impressed though he laid 6 tackles to be our best of the fwd group there and one of highest in whole team. Good intent.

With Stringer injured he gets his chance to play that 3rd tall fwd/mid role. Hope he irons out some Blues defenders this week & kicks a bag

5 Likes

Keep it going, chaps.

4 Likes

2019 is in the bin, play the kids as often as possible.

1 Like

Traditionally, when played in the same side, Lav and Langer’s tend to Fark Carlton.

Fingers crossed.

16 Likes

Really attacked the footy and tackled hard especially early on, I imagine he knocked up a bit as the game wore on but after several interruptions to his training/playing thats understandable
I thought it was a pretty β– β– β– β– β– β–  decent return, little better accuracy and it would have been a fantastic return to the senior side

3 Likes

Surprised at some of the reactions to his game on here.
He was in the side replacing Baguley.
Baguley appeared to be in the side previously for nothing other than his defensive pressure.
Laverde’s defensive pressure was far better than anything Baguley has provided this year.
I can’t think of a single other attribute that Baguley could boast to be superior to Lav.
At worst, surely we all agree he’s an upgrade on Bags?

11 Likes

On Bags recent form yes, durability obviously a big advantage the other way

1 Like

Huey may be the surf god, but I am going to ask him to give Laverde the injury free run in the seniors I think he deserves.

1 Like

LAV was good on Saturday night, perhaps not visible on the TV, but at the ground he put his body into everything.

Hopefully he has some luck.

2 Likes

Shocking conditions for a marking mid sized forward to come back and play his first game in a long time. Laid 6 tackles and busted his backside off in getting to contests and bringing the ball to ground. He keeps Bags out period, he hasn’t laid more than 5 tackles in a game all year and that’s not good enough from a small/pressure forward

Didnt he deliberately fluff the Carlton interview before he got drafted so they wouldn’t pick him? He obviously had dialogue with Disco and complete confidence he was going to get taken as thats a massive risk! Apparently he rocked up with a bum bag and and behaved like an arrogant hack! Dont know how true but i love it :joy:

5 Likes

Big game coming up for LAV in Stringers spot.

Love his his aggression and attack on the man and footy.

3 goals 7 tackles coming up.

3 Likes

Thank β– β– β– β–  for that. Dude was toxic.

2 Likes

l would prefer it if those figures were reversed, but that is just me.

7 tackles, 3 goals.
Is that better?

13 Likes