#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

He was pumped after slotting that tight angle.
Good on him, trusting yourself is half the battle.

1 Like

This thread’s a lot quieter when you can’t find anything β– β– β– β–  to say about him…

4 Likes

That was the frustration of 5 injury riddled seasons coming out in celebration, He wants to succeed as a player badly and he’s up for it.

Please footy gods allow him a clear run at it for the rest of his career.

1 Like

Nice to see him do it with a drop punt too.

2 Likes

Was pretty good yesterday. Needs to work on his goal kicking.

Most of our forwards are poor in this area

He was great, close to the biggest positive this seasons seeing him fit and play well. Same as Langers and McGrath

This guys flying…quite literally.

Thought he played a very good game and maybe should keep his spot when Stringer and Brown are fit.

1 Like

Yeah Tippa and Raz are our only good shots for goal.

Well aktchually, bags has 10.2, pretty accurate

4 Likes

Would like to find out what Zaka said to him before that shot on goal late in the 2nd. Did he say

β€˜there is 40 seconds left, don’t run around’ or something like β€˜you got this mate, trust your kick’

I don’t think raz is an accurate kick at all, and most baguleys goals are Joe the gooses over the top. Tippa is usually fairly reliable, but stringer is probably amongst the worst.

I could be wrong as I don’t have the stats but those are my observations when the team really needs a goal.

Lav has kicked two in the last two weeks at very important times.

String really nails some rippers from long out on the Boundary at times,… and a couple when they were really needed. He really has some β€œOn” days when it comes to kicking for Goal. I fully believe as the whole team chemistry develops, those days will increase exponentially.

I think the same will be true for LAV!, as he gets confidence back in his body and can stop worrying about it & focus more on the game, and will also benefit from increased team confidence.

He is a fantastic kick for goal when he has a clear mind & confidence. In case people have forgotten, in his first 6 games in or so,… he kicked 10 straight from all over the place before he missed one, … then he got injured, and he’s never been back in long enough since to regain that mental state. The only way is up for him Re Goals, as long as he stays healthy. (Knocks on wood)

3 Likes

Loves a point

7 Likes

Laverde is building well I reckon.
I’ve been vocal in saying i’m not confident he’ll make it. But I reckon he’s looking better so far this time around. Possibly the benefit of being fitter than he has been when in the 1’s before

7 Likes

He’s got a LOT of class and I rate him as a footballer and reckon he will make the grade.

… just really needs to sort out his kicking for goal. It was an attribute when he first came to the club.

2 Likes

Constant leg injuries will do that to you.

Looks strong at the contest. Seems to be finding a nice for himself as a bit of a forward bull. Degoey type.

Powerful unit

If Lav could get a few games under his belt he could be a forward line bull but he has to learn to kick. You just can’t get away with being that bad at this level!

1 Like