#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Happy with the way he is tracking this year. Kicking for goal is letting him down but hopefully he gets on top of that. Imagine how good he can be if he can stay injury free for a few years.

Providing a good Contest up forward, have liked what I’ve seen the last couple of weeks. Just needs to start slotting those easy goals

Farken hell. He was β– β– β– β– β– β–  good at times tonight. 18 pozzies, 5 marks, the spoils and bringing the ball to the ground. Poor kicking for goal (3 behinds). Really should have been 3 goals. He was frustrated and showed that, but he really had a crack. Can hold his head up high. Keep at it, Jayden. It will come.

21 Likes

How was his defensive work tonight?

Its been the most promising part of his play this season imo.

He and Joe, and most of our players tbh need to spend the preseason accumulating 10000 shots on goal.

Played well tonight.

FFS - him and Langford are forwards.

1 Like

agree with all of the above stuff - look promising. Excellent attack at the ball. Crap at goal kicking. Sort out the latter and we have a very good forward.

1 Like

Langford had 6 clearances tonight and 13 contested possessions…

5 Likes

Definitely knows how to kick a goal.

He’s a tough unit.

Plays with a commanding presence. Still got a long way to go but so much to like about this bloke

He’s plays well, pity he can’t kick basic 20m goals.

Keep sending him up. He’s on an upward curve.

2 Likes

Yep, can play.

If we hire a kicking coach this guy could easily become a 40 goal forward

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Used to be legit sharpshooter.

Liked his game.

Great to see him improving and developing.
Played well tonight but that kicking for goal - just woeful. Obviously a mental thing. He kicks those when in the VFL
If he, and the whole team improved, their set shots at goal we would leap up the ladder.

Watching the warm up and the pre-warm up warms up and the Hawthorn players looked v.good with their snaps at goals. And it carried over into the match.

I know it’s been discussed a lot on here, but I do wonder how much serious goal kicking practice we do - proper methodical stuff for both set shots and snaps.

2 Likes

I am on the negative, contested well but as a forward if you can’t kick goals why are you there? As the traditionalists would say β€œbad kicking is bad football”. All our forwards need to kick straight.

Dawks missed more gimme goals than we did tonight.