#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

What does kissed more gimme goals mean?

missed or kicked?

Missed.

It means they got more kissed-on-the-β– β– β– β–  goals. As usual.

1 Like

ta

my gut feel is they kicked more of their snaps

anyway we won, but we need to improve our goal kicking

3 Likes

J

LAV

Still a mystery as to why after finishing the season so well last year he was only given a 20 minute run in pre season and then took so long to get picked this year.

Great to see him show some promise.

2 Likes

Ummmmmmm because he was injured?

As usual…

3 Likes

Not the whole time though, and not in the pre season when they just left him on the bench or didn’t pick him when we should have been getting game time into him. Anyway, he’s in the side for the time being and that’s good.

Trying to piece together the VFL and injury history for this guy. Dunlop’s injury thread is awesome, but I’ve tried to get the dates to tell the story.

Basically this guy has been playing decent blocks in the senior team whenever his injury curse relented and gave him a few weeks respite. He does seem to need 2-3 weeks in the VFL after an injury to regain form. Everything I see in his history tells me the coaches don’t drop him once his vfl form warrants a senior gig, it’s just injury that sends him back to the vfl.

Round 1 ??? (From memory held out due to β€œstructure”)
Round 2 ???
Round 3 ankle
Round 4 ankle
Round 5 VFL
Round 6 VFL - injured hamstring
Round 7 Injured
Round 8 Injured
Round 9 VFL
Round 10 AFL Senior upgrade
Round 11 AFL
Round 12 AFL

Previous history:

2018 – hamstring (played AFL Rounds 6-11 & 23)
2017 – ankle surgery (played AFL Rounds 19-23)
2016 – AC joint (played AFL Rounds 10-18)
2015 pre-season – groin
2014 – quad

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/Jayden_Laverde.html

So excited to see what this guy can do if he gets a decent run at it.

Ummm. You might want to recheck some of that.

2014 … quad Drafted,

2015, VFL until he forced his debut, played Rd 15 - 23.

2016,… AC joint (played AFL Rounds 10-18) after pre season niggle, came in Rd 4 got a contact injury going too hard & dumb. (Hip Flexor or AC ? :thinking: ) Played Rnds 16 -23 after recovering.

(NB: You must have someone else in mind… he’s never played Rnds 10 to 18 any year)

etc,…

If he kicks 3.0 instead of 0.3, he’d be in the best. 18 disposals and 5 marks. Provided a very good mobile target down there. He’s starting to hit his stride, and that only comes with playing every week.

10 Likes

Got his confidence in his body back which is showing.

He used to be such a good kick for goal though, wonder if he had to change his action due to his hamstring issues?

1 Like

Yep pretty good game from LAV

Got to get that goal kicking right through, missing way too many that should be kicked

Gets too close to man on the mark IMO

Also had a few instances could have lowered the eyes to hit up others inside 50 but got goal hungry and blazed away and missed

5 Likes

Probably one who will thrive with Stringer out

Agree, always gets to close to the mark. I think the straight kicking of his first year was the anomaly.

Love that he hits a pack hard. Breaks contest open with physicality. We have been missing that in the forward half for soooo long. Found his role in my opinion and we’re better for it.

But it could be career limiting ala Mark Harvey as a HF.

I really like Laverde but when he lines up to have a set shot for goal I walk out of the room !!

8 Likes

Is this the most consecutive games we’ve had from him?
I’m still worried he’s gonna get injured.
I wonder if he does too?

1 Like

Maybe, 2019 is when he will. He’s got to improve his goal-kicking, as must a few others.