#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Maybe.

And then play 19 through 23 and 4 finals as well you mean, … right? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:wink:

What? No injury!?!?

Continuity is underway. Will make a HUGE difference

Mistook game total column for round. Got that wrong. Don’t post at 2am kids.

2 Likes

Shoosh.

3 Likes

Geez he looks like one of those archetypal 6’3 future footballers that the Herald Sun would bang on about when Kuta was playing. Can run, jump, kick… just for no more than 4 games in a row.

If he gets his kicking for goal right, he will be an absolute weapon for us.

Confidence issue. Could be as simple as slotting the first one, and he won’t miss for the rest of the game.

Just do the team thing always Jayden.
If there are better options, take them please.

You can become a good footballer, but it’s not about YOU, it’s about the team.

That said I was excited to see how well you played kicking aside.

Great mark of the ball, one of the best body users I’ve seen tbh

Weird about his goal kicking, seems to get them in the VFL…

That tackle he laid was all about him wasn’t it?

4 Likes

Impressed over the past 2 weeks. But fixup the set shot kicking and he will cement his spot.

3 Likes

Is a member of the Joe Daniher school of set shot goal kicking

I see no reason other than his goal kicking that Lav can be as good as De Goey

There were rumours that Collingwood were gonna take Laverde instead of Degoey with pick 5

Laverde doesn’t have the inate floggishness (and accompanying self belief) that Jordan has as evidenced by his yips in front of goal.

2 Likes

De gooey is very very good.

We have no one in his category. Most lists don’t.

2 Likes

Unfortunately he misses them in the vfl too. He has been doing so for the last 2 seasons.
I am OS at the moment and haven’t seen the game. Was he missing the easy ones to the right by popping them up? He has continually done that. I saw one comment in the game day thread that he tried to kick one too hard when he missed. Did that one miss left?
He is ok from 40m +. It’s just the little ones that he tries to nurse he can’t seem to nail.

1 Like

Fantasia when fit is easily equal to DeGoey

He missed three, all from about 30 - 35 meters. Two were set shots more or less plum in front and the third was an on the run shot.
From memory he sort of stabbed at the second set shot.
One of the shots was after an excellent mark.
Go back and show everyone how good you are by finishing it off and stamping yourself on the game!
One went right, I think the other left. Either ways they were shockers.
I read a comment in here about DeGoey and his β€˜swagger’ and self belief. That’s what some of our blokes need. They need to be convinced they can do it as a matter of course, based on good technique and practice. Otherwise they appear soft.

Stringer has had a year as good as Degoey at the Dogs.

1 Like

If Lav had kicked 2 of those 3 shots, he’d have been in contention for votes. Played a really good midsize forward role.

6 Likes

Stringer is also a very similar sort of player too

1 Like