#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

String, kicking a goal from distance… he nails it. Arrow shows the direction of the ball (and his knee) before the ball corrects. Over 50 it has a chance to draw back. Anything shorter and it doesn’t get the chance to come back.

Stringer is actually a good kick in general though he just has the yips. Laverde i don;t think has ever been a good kick and i can’t see it improving unless he changes his whole kicking action.

String misses quite a few easy ones. 208 goals / 144 behinds over his career.

I completely disagree

laverdes field kicking is generally awesome,
Dont believe me look at some highlights.

He is joe daniher like.
Can kick around the ground beautifully but as soon as he lines up for goal he abandons all of that.

1 Like

Lav has good technique… just needs games in front of AFL crowds to overcome his nervousness

I think most of his misses are a result of them being mostly crumbed attempt at goals.

He’s not really a lead and mark type player so the degree of difficulty goes up a little.

Laverde looks like someone who doesn’t practise enough, which given his injury history isn’t surprising

Got the yips from set shots.
Best cure - nail a few.

Agree with that observation.

Love Lav but really needs to work on his kicking.

I’m not sure we can afford to have Joe, Stringer and Lav in the same forward line if they don’t sharpen up in front of goal.

All are poor set shots for goal

This kid can dead set be anything - has the game, just can’t kick for goal.

Not alone.

Would love to see him get a bit more time on the ball. Loves the physical stuff, lays great tackles and stands up in them just as well. Reckon he’s probably not there yet fitness wise, however.

As much as lav misses. Doesn’t hold a candle to joe.

Maybe if you stay to watch he might kick them?

I don’t rate his field kicking either, he is similar to shiel actually in that he tends to always over hit the ball, struggles to weight any of his kicks properly.

He gets to close to the man on the mark, he is kicking for goal with a pitching wedge. It’s all in his head, needs continuity and needs to kick a few.

1 Like

JAV…

Jay LAV

1 Like

Lav hurty

Love Hirdy

4 Likes