#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Good game from him tonight despite very limited opportunity.

3 Likes

Started well and faded - good to see he was less selfish and it paid off with some easy goals that he set up.

Has much more upside than shown recently. Keep him in the team. I like what he brings

Keep up the intensity & sharing the ball.
Not bad kicking tonight.

2 Likes

In our current forward line…as soon as Brown leads up outside the 50, I want Laverde to be thinking like a tall.

That is, take the risk to fly for the pack mark, or at least bring it to ground. Don’t just look towards Smack to contest in the air. Leave the crumbing task to Walla/Fantasia/Begley.

Because I think there were a few times tonight that Laverde stayed down, when we needed him to at least leap at it and disrupt the intercept…

Breakout game imminent

Tracking nicely.

Just getting a hint of how decent Laverde can/will be. Who’d have thought some continuity would be important to an injury plagued kid with barely 30 games experience? Certainly not some people on here.

12 Likes

How strong was he. He just wouldn’t be brought down

You just get the feeling that he’ll become a very good player, don’t you sal.

7 Likes

Love his competitive nature.

Better than I thought in the air.

He tries to kick the ball too hard though

I do, yes. Obviously goal kicking is a problem atm, but he has a mix of size, speed and agility that makes him very dangerous.

Mmmmm. Delicious.
He just seems like one of those players that if he gets his confidence up could be anything.

3 Likes

Can’t blame people for being wary after the messiah and Gumby. I don’t think anyone potted Lav for his ability or potential, but were mostly frustrated he couldn’t seem to get a good run at it.

People definitely potted him for his potential and ability. It was a joke as he’s clearly shown a lot when he’s not injured and stringing a couple games together.

Injury free, this guy could have already been close to a top 5 player for us IMO.

2 Likes

I still think he has the ability to play through the middle in spurts also. Big powerful lad should be playing the Hird type role as Stringer does.

Could be anything. It’s all about whether his body can hold up!

Yep, useless below his knees, turning circle of Adam McPhee or Scotty Lucas etc

1 Like

Interesting Jobe said he was 193cm last night, anybody else hear that?

At the same time, I can understand Bombers fans being jaded about the high-potential, constantly injured kid. Cf Winders, Gumb, Demps, Myers et al.

Also that shot that hit the post must be a contender for Sam Pang’s point of the round.
Would have been a contender for goal of the round if he had of nailed it.

2 Likes

Taking the β– β– β– β– ? His turning circle was good enough to turn away from a tackler last night on 50 and then run in for a behind.

Not everyone has elite agility but his is definitely not a problem as he’s clearly providing a heap of pressure on the ground and winning the footy more importantly.

1 Like