#15 Jayden Laverde - ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐“›๐“ช๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ ๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐• (Part 1)

Yes weโ€™ve definitely had our fair share. Happens to every club though. Only have to look at Hawthorn and Collingwoods picks over the years.

Iโ€™m just stating what others have stated about him, I love the bloke.

Have said since day 1 that he will turn out to be a better player than Langford

1 Like

Looks like any agility issues in seasons previous were likely injury/confidence-related. After stringing a few games together, he looked reasonably mobile for 6โ€™3 bloke last night

like the hair cut.

seems to be getting scoring opportunities up forward, sometimes makes something out of nothing, stringer like.

1 Like

Not far from activating Beast Mode and becoming a real handful for oppo defenders.

2 Likes

Great overhead, good on the ground, his goal on the second quarter was first class.

Needs to work on his goalkicking like 8 others.

he didnโ€™t look much shorter than hooker post game.

Probably seen one of the worst shots on goal ever thouโ€ฆneeds to sort that out

1 Like

Are you thinking of the begley point from 35m out?

2 Likes

I think you have him mixed up with Begley. Lav kicked 2.1 and the one miss was after he baulked a player and tried to slot it from a very tight angle on the boundary and just hit the post.

He actually had a set shot from about 45m out and it went out on the full

3 Likes

Yep. Made the distance easily but about 30 meters left of target.

1 Like

Heโ€™s beginning to believe.

Heโ€™s always been a good mark for his size, but he had a first-step last night that has been missing.

Breakout performance coming soon

1 Like

Thereโ€™s nothing wrong with his agility or explosiveness. Heโ€™s quick and strong. Keep him on the park and heโ€™ll turn into a gun.

Heโ€™ll also get the worst defender because of others around him (McKernan, Stringer, Fanta etc.)

I reckon a 4+ goal game isnโ€™t too far away.

Lav had a shot to the right of screen from about 35-40 out slight angle and kicked it out on the full.

Kidโ€™s not too bad after all then, eh?

1 Like

I kept getting Lav and Begley mixed up from a distanceโ€ฆ still havnโ€™t gotten the number change through my head.

His goal-kicking looks very confidence-related - hopefully it improves as a consequence of stringing some good games together.

Are you a channel 7 commentator?

10 Likes

Iโ€™m on record as someone who had serious doubts about him.
But I reckon heโ€™s clearly shown more this year than ever before.

For those talking about breakout gamesโ€ฆ what do you define as a breakout game for him?

I wouldnโ€™t be surprised now if he had a game where he kicked 5 or 6 goals (if he can kick straight)

He seriously looks like he could tear a game apart. Ideally next Saturday against the Swans.

4 Likes