#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Kicked 3 in 15 minutes last year against Port. from memory could easily have been 6 with a couple missed and a couple handed off.

If his teammates could execute a basic handball, he easily could have had 3 goals in the first quarter.

3 Likes

More the four quarter impact, regardless of goal numbers.

He’s had some very good quarters, but yet to put it all together

SO IN LAV WITH LAV

7 Likes

I thought he was going to improve this year so I gave myself a big pat on the back. I did also think that parish was all kinds of useless so I settled down a bit after that.

1 Like

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

I see no reason why Lav can’t be as good as De Goey.

2 Likes

I can see the similarities, but I think DG has better lateral movement at speed, maybe a touch quicker too.

Prefer Lav anyway. DG has some awful tats and woeful haircut.

He’s showing good signs. Better signs than he has at any point in time during his career. He looks confident and assured. He’s got huge strength, good mark and good athleticism.

Never really been sold on him but he’s starting to win me over in a big way.

1 Like

Could end up a mini stringer interms of role.

It’s never been talent with this kid.

Always seems to drag his shots left, maybe holding and dropping the ball a little in the middle rather than in front of the right hip?

LAV is equal parts DeGoey and Mason Wood

6 Likes

Spot on. He showed it last game of last season where he went nuts in the first quarter. They will come more frequent.

Laverde must be v fit - constantly making it to contests and having an impact v v often. that will only get better with an injury-free run, a PS etc.
could be anything- time will tell.

How anyone couldn’t see the football talent and athletic profile that he’s ALWAYS shown would make him a very good AFL footballer provided his body allowed him to string games together is beyond me. Always rated Lav and it’s so good to see him get a proper shot at it. Fingers crossed he plays out the season and takes that confidence into next year.

6 Likes

NOPE, definitely Lav. Begs least got a point

1 Like

He has played a couple of decent games in a row which is pleasing but hardly a vindication. I’m far from convinced he will make the grade of course I really hope he does. I really like his competitiveness and strength but his goal kicking is an abomination.

1 Like

Look I’ll be honest, based on his name being Jayden I didn’t think his prospects were good…

Since coming back though, even off limited touches, something is different with him.

There is definitely something there if he can stay healthy.

1 Like

Comming along very nicely. Please stay fit…

Jay LAV

2 Likes

He has always looked like he is capable, it’s more about his body and continuity.

Getting some continuity and showing something. We need to persist and hopefully he avoids injury.