#15 Jayden Laverde - ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐“›๐“ช๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ ๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐• (Part 1)

Thought the carnts will be out for him and they are.

He played his role. Great tackle not rewarded. Has his legs pulled and no free kick. Two of those dead in front.

Takes a great mark and missed it. Set up the goal for Raz and Parish. No use bringing in Baguley or Mayers.

12 Likes

He wasnโ€™t as good today as he has been but definitely stays in for mine.

This โ€œslimโ€ version is still very very strong. And in the total absence of other power forwards (when Smack is in the ruck) heโ€™s important right now.

12 Likes

Our inside 50 kicking looks deplorable mainly due to the lack of leading of our forwards, when at games this is obvious. We have poor forward structure, either being outnumbered due our forwards being way too far up the ground or having them all in the one area waving the hands (this being the only movement).

Expecting our mids to kick to a player playing behind and not moving will never end well.

2 Likes

Just about all our forwards play from behind and itโ€™s incredibly frustrating.

We donโ€™t create space for each other very well either.

Our mids kicking doesnโ€™t help either.

corrigan has to go.

1 Like

I agree with most of that. You cherry picked my comment, though.

I did mention this.

But, I really think it is incorrect to solely blame the forwards. Our mids constantly โ€˜bombโ€™ it in there. This has been a trend. Diabolical I50 delivery. We take very few I50 marks. Itโ€™s a combo of both poor I50 delivery & forward positioning, but more the former than the latter, IMO.

1 Like

I was talking of all our forwards, not just Laverde, agree with #barnz our forward coach is letting the side down badly. I am more frustrated when I have been to the game as you can seethe lack of movement/poor positioning, on TV it looks more like poor delivery.

Iโ€™ve called for Corrigan to go on multiple occasions, so fully agreed there.

Did you notice how Hooksey was organising the forward line in the last quarter?

3 Likes

Is working super hard off the ball to give an option. Hard at it, good at ground level. Just canโ€™t seem to get the goals. If he keeps playing like he is Iโ€™m positive the goals will come

The sort of player who just looks like he craves physical contact

1 Like

Yes, similar to when he is in the backline. Donโ€™t need a โ€œleadership groupโ€ tag to be a true leader.

8 Likes

Needs to attend the โ€œStraight Kicking for Goal Schoolโ€.

Some of his misses in the last few weeks have been terrible.

Part of why Iโ€™m kinda surprised we havenโ€™t seen Bags come back yet. The structure has tended to collapse when it gets a bit hard.

Stringerโ€™s technically the experienced forward down there but I donโ€™t think that sort of thinking & communicating about structures comes naturally to him.

We got 99 problems but Laverde ainโ€™t one.

9 Likes

pivotal in the 4th.

persist for mine (may be my next trauma).

1 Like

His aggression and ability to break tackles in the forwardline is why he is keeping his spot along with a huge improvement in applying pressure and creating a contest.

Does everything Baguley can do, is better at it and his game is far more suited to the modern AFL than Baguley.

Give him the rest of the year please and rest him if he starts getting too fatigued as I donโ€™t think he has ever strung this many games together before either in the AFL or VFL.

1 Like

It has been a problem for 3 years.

You would think someone at the club would put some work into this area. I actually celebrate when a forward leads to the kicker. Or the kicker puts the ball to the forwards advantage.

ITโ€™S NOT THAT HARD.

5 Likes

Look he had a bad game yesterday but he never dropped his head and gave up. He kept busting his hump and had his moments helping set up a few goals. I was very impressed by that, showed maturity.

4 Likes

Agree, but i think itโ€™s been a problem since Lloyd and Lucas retired.

1 Like