#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Well done Lav - A moment of maturity to hand ball it rather than do your old thing and have a wild shot that’s less than 19% chance to go through.

7 Marks. 15 touches and 7 score involvements.

Good stuff

16 Likes

This should be the sum total of the instructions given to our fwds whenever the ball’s in dispute in f50

6 Likes

That last kick at goal he actually kicked it a bit better and it wasn’t far away.
Plus he nailed the one from in front in the 1st qtr. I was pretty nervous about that one.
Long way to go with his kicking for goal.
But apart from that I reckon he’s going ok. I can see him getting off the chain at some point in the next few weeks and kicking 3 or 4. He’s got form at the Adelaide oval…

2 Likes

Kicking closer than joes nightmares.

Must be fairly well rated by opposition coaches. Had Rampe and Thompson in the last 2 weeks. Not exactly β– β– β– β–  poor defenders. D!ckheads yes but not poor defenders.
Keep going LAV. It’ll click soon enough.

5 Likes

Nearly every missed set shot has an obvious fault. Kick a few more metres back from the man on the mark and hit it a bit softer and you’d think he’d be pretty good.

5 Likes

I was at the game early and Lav was practicing goal kicking, his kicking without a man on the mark is different to what he does during the game. He was nailing his shots, kicking through the ball, this from about 45-50m out.

His 2 misses during the game he seemed to get a bit close to the man on the mark and not kick through the ball, pulling the kick to the left.

2 Likes

he gets β– β– β– β– β– β– β–  rag dolled week in week out, could easily attract a few free kicks a game but the umps dont seem to notice it.

still played his role last night. happy :slight_smile:

Needs to spend some time with LLoydy.

Similar problem to what Joe has, the fact no one at the club has pulled them up on it (or effectively corrected it) is damning.

Compare them with the uber reliable Houlahan and Gown in the twos, both of whom make it a point to mark out where they will take their kick - which is about 5m from the man on the mark.

5 Likes

It will turn for him.

Will be a gun.

3 Likes

I love the aggression this kid plays with.

His ability to shrug off tackles and dish a handball off is getting to near Stringer levels.

Had like 3 blokes hanging off him to get that handball off to Tippa for the game winner.

3 Likes

Brown Tippa Stringer and Fanta are all gun shots for goal. Please please teach this kid to kick for goal!!!

1 Like

Best 22

2 Likes

Imo his goal kicking is the only thing truly holding him back at the moment. He is getting more confident every week and he is using his strength to his advantage. If he can start kicking 2 goals a week or so and take some good marks/ bring the ball to ground, he will be a very valuable asset to us.

No. He swung his fist at a stationary ball and connected. Lot more legitimate than those who scoop the ball and get away with it.

4 Likes

With a fully fit forward line would he hold his spot over Brown? Both fighting it out for the 3rd tall position behind Daniher and McKernan, which leaves Stringer as the roamer.

I love Jayden’s marking and his aggression, but I love Mitch’s accuracy in front of goal.

Hopefully, Jayden makes Mitch’s strength his own and makes it an easy decision.

Winning handball

Treloar being the main culprit!

so more legit than darcy’s