#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Enjoying his emergence this season immensely. Has some tricks, is tough, tackles with intent and is strong over the ball.

3 Likes

Not sure if he nailed what his role is or his role changed but 7 marks is a much better output and what’s needed from him.

2 Likes

Tracking nicely

Playing a fair chunk of game time as full forward and competing exceptionally well.

3 Likes

My question is β€œis he a forward or a mid?”

He also almost lost us the game with that miss a couple of minutes earlier, no? He was very lucky we got over the line imo.

1 Like

As the umpires stated after Anzac day, if you don’t have prior opportunity you don’t have to dispose of it correctly as long as you make a genuine attempt to do it.

The umps need an A3 sized flow chart in their pocket to interpret.

Did the player take possession?
Was it a fair tackle?
Did they have prior opportunity?
Did they make a genuine attempt?
Do my armpits smell?

Edit: just watched the replay, yes he had prior but the handball looked more legit than about another 30 during the game.

I havent checked a replay but to me it looked like it juggled out of the hand he was holding it in. He then punched it while it was still in the air and before it returned to his hand. But fark it - about time we had the benefit of doubt.

Don’t think so.

1 Like

Competes like a beast. He and stringer are very tricky matchups for the opposition. Good mix of strength, speed and size

3 Likes

Please give him half a dozen sessions with Lloydy.

1 Like

Was a really safe shot on goal a year or so back, until our forward coaching impacted him. Needs to get his kicking for goal safe again, as a matter of priority.

However, its good to see him putting games together.

Very aggressive at the footy and is smart too.

3 Likes

Would be easier if he wasn’t the target going in f50 almost every single time.

I’m not sure what more people want out of this guy. He’s competing as an undersized Full Forward against the oppositions best defender every week giving us a genuine marking target. Provides good forward pressure once the ball hits the deck.

So he’s missed a few goals…big deal. We can work on that. You can’t teach his passion and desire for the contest. I’m really happy he’s getting a decent run at things.

33 Likes

I don’t think he’s ever been a safe kick for goal. His first 7 or 8 kicks at goal in 2015 just happened to go through. Very erratic ever since.

1 Like

LAV WITH LAV
LAV WITH LAV
LAV WITH LAV

SO
IN
LAV
WITH
LAV

That is the intensity finals bring, think back to last year’s grand final, and the mad scrambling. This game had similar feel right at the end of this game.

Lav won us the game standing up to 3 North players and doing a trick while he works through what he was going to do and sees Tippa corner of the eye and got it to him.

Except for Stringer and Tippa him self, no one in the team could have done that to start off with. Sort of thing Bruest or Gunston did in their premiership days, in those tight Prelim finals.

Right at the end, ball gets kicked by Parish and he is out of position but gets back and stands up to KPP in Thompson. Game was going to be over but he wasn’t going to be pushed around.

If his goal kicking is at 48%, just needs to raise it to around 60%. Not a huge improvement needed. He can get there.

5 Likes

He basically played full forward and did well keeping Thompson engaged. He’s also one of our highest pressure rated players inside 50.

2 Likes

I felt safer when Michael Symons had the ball.

2 Likes

Steady on.

5 Likes