#15 Jayden Laverde - 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝓛𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

I would say he’s a fringe player at the moment and like Myers, injury prone.

Difference with Myers though is that he was a top ten pick and also came through a time when we were comparatively poor.

List management is far more of a science now and I think we will be less inclined to hang onto these types when we can draft another kid and start again.

1 Like

He’s the most overrated player on our list. He’s either injured, or under performing. It’d be great if he could just string together 10 weeks in the vfl imo

8 Likes

Let him get a run at it. Was gathering pace last year was it or the year before when he went down on the g and did that shoulder…? Depth IMO now but hope he comes good

Underperforming? He’s played like 20 games and has shown signs in all of them IMO. He hasn’t dominated a game or even a qtr but if you can’t see the tools (and I know you can) you’re not looking. At all.

12 Likes

On what basis do say that?
To me he shown really very little. The hype about him here is almost bad as about Francis.

I don’t agree. I think he’s shown a few signs and the tools to be a good player, but honestly a lot of guys do that. He’s completely overhyped on here. I’m not saying he won’t be a good player, he may well be. But people talking about him like he’s a sure thing to be best 22 and a regular is off the mark imo. When he can stay on the park for more than a couple of months we should start thinking about that. I’m not sure in 4 years he’s ever had a sustained period of good form. He’s had good moments, but apart from that he’s either injured, or not influential.

12 Likes

I think he’s a very unique combination of a highly skilled, powerful and athletic player with a first-class football brain.

I’m first to admit there’s been plenty of those types in the past who’ve never stayed on the park long enough to forge a career, but if he can get right I think he’ll become a real weapon for us.

Of course I could be wrong, but I know that at least Tony Elshaug and Mark Smart at St Kilda have a similar view.

What is this fascination with dropping Langford for Myers, and where does it come from? Langford, based on his displayed form against The Crows will not be dropped. If he continues on in the same manner he stays in. If Myers is to be selected it will have to be in place of someone else.

1 Like

I’m basing selections on like for like. Doesn’t mean it will happen. Don’t want it to happen. Langford is the future. Needs to play

1 Like

I don’t think he’s really being over hyped at all. What I think is happening is people want him in the team because they rate him, he shows a sign and people want to see more, he gets injured, people are waiting on his return wanting him back in to show mor signs, he gets fit (kicks 6 in the VFL first up no less), people want him back, he comes back in, gets injured, people want him back… The ultimate outcome is that he’s just as “rated” as he always was but slowly the proportion of people’s rating to time spent actually fit and playing is watered down such that there’s more talking about him than there is him actually playing footy. Accordingly, the praise or hype becomes more disproportionate to what he’s actually shown even though people are just saying the same things and holding out the same hope that we’ll get a good look at him. Which is understandable and frustrating for all. I don’t think people should arbitrarily adjust their opinions about his potential down because he’s being held back by injuries.

3 Likes

plays vfl for 4 rounds, with 3 bog performances, we had a vacant spot in the senior team and he gets a shot? wtf more do you want? a muppet thats been in the vfl for 12 weeks with ■■■■ all bog performances getting the gig?

Was three games and 1 BOG

2 Likes

Thank you.

Fine 3bog over the top. Was our best forward in those 3 games.

I retract my remark about Laverde being BOG.

I had Langers BOG that day with his 26 touches from midfield and 4 goals.

After he plays 8-10 good games in the VFL I am happy to revisit this thread.

1 Like

I just dont think he has a complete game.

:joy::joy::joy:

What do you people smoke?

whats so outrageous about it?

senior form has been questionable, hasnt trained for over a month, well behind in the pecking order in terms of mids/ forwards…

he is coming from quite a bit back imo. needs a good stint in the VFL for fitness/ forms sake.

If a VFL stint was good for langford then its good for laverde

Laverde’s major issue is that even if fit, its doubtful there is a spot in the team. I’d much prefer Stewart over him, which means bringing him in as a forward he is competing with Green/Walla/Begley. I don’t know if I want him over any of those, I prefer their pressure.

And he has no midfield credits whatsoever.

He needs to get a good 8-10 games in the midfield at VFL level.

3 Likes