#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

He does look better down back than forward when I’ve watched him in the 2’s.

I know what you mean. Watching him against GWS live and the the tigers this week, he has good forward pressure makes a contest of most.
But watching him kick and run this year it’s been weird. He has no penetration on his kick, and has lost speed. Could he have something like OP as well, it just seems like he has gone backwards, not just stagnated. Points to something else.

Didn’t Redman himself say a month or so ago that he didn’t actually play much forward as a junior. He just did for a few games towards the end of his U18 year.

3 Likes

why can’t we give him a run in the midfield?

Whenever I saw him play at Glenelg he was alway as a wing/HFF. Never saw him play as a deep forward but did plenty of work around the centre square to 50m arc. From speaking to his coaches at the time they also mentioned that his best position would be end up being between the arcs as either a defender or forward. He was pretty handy running down the wing that’s for sure

Goddard, Myers and…?

baguely, hurley (at least temporarily), smack, tippa

ain’t that a fact!

Zerk Thatcher looks like a gun in the VFL games iv’e seen.

1 Like

We have to get Redman in!

Laverde just isn’t making us dynamic going forward. I’d rather we have a midget patrol of Green, Tippa, Fanta, Colyer, Long who are all zipping around giving the opp hell. Ensure the opp players who are trying to follow them run out of puff by Q2. Than a guy who leads 40 metres straight down the field for a good contested mark, falls over then takes 30 second to decide where he wants to dispose of the footy.

Essendon forward Jayden Laverde has suffered a low-grade hamstring strain and is set for two weeks on the sidelines.

Laverde suffered the injury during the VFL Bombers’ stirring victory over Box Hill on Sunday and scans on Monday confirmed the news.

Stay tuned for more details from Physical Performance Manager Justin Crow in the SKINS Injury Update on Tuesday afternoon.

put a fork in him

2 Likes

Oh fk. Poor barstard can’t take a trick.

2 Likes

Talk about cursed.

cough

4 Likes

Another injury prone high draft pick

Cant take a trick this guy.

β– β– β– β–  me drunk this guy

RIP LAV

β– β– β– β– β– β–  hell. He’s cursed.
I don’t rate him, but the guy can’t take a trick and can’t get a chance to prove himself one way or another.

Will be very interesting to see what happens with him this offseason. Even if we want to keep him (and that may not be a certainty), he might want to try his luck elsewhere.

1 Like

I feel for him, but along with me not thinking he’s much chop - he simply isn’t durable enough.

1 Like