#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Unleash him after 3 weeks off with a hammy?

I reckon he’s the perfect replacement for Raz

Yeah you’re right.
Replace an injury prone player that’s injured with a injury prone player coming back from injury. Lock it in!

1 Like

IT’S TIME

Yes, it’s time.

Smart move to give him a game in the VFL first, IMO.

Would love to see him brought back in on the big stage for Dreamtime.

2 Likes

One week then GET THIS MAN IN

People making it sound like he’s gonna make a difference.

I doubt he will make it through the game.

The longer his absence the greater the player he becomes.

The Drago v appollo scene has always reminded me of LAV returning to the seniors at a Dreamtime Richmond Home game.

6 Likes

There’s probably never been a better opportunity for him to come in and establish himself. Really hope it happens for him. Would love to see what he could do if his body held up to a couple of months of seniors.

2 Likes

Really needs to perform for at least 3 weeks in the VFL imo, before getting a go in the 1’s. Has always been brought into the 1’s way too early after injury and looked miles off it.

I can’t understand people wanting him to come straight into the side. Bl00dy short memories.

4 Likes

In before β€œshould have been playing in the firsts” when, 27 minutes into the last quarter of the VFL with 8 goals to his name and about to take another mark on the lead, he breaks his leg by standing on a small fluffy white dog that has jumped the fence and is chasing a kick.

3 Likes

I’d say generally (the last year and a half) he’s been a level above at VFL level, even first game back after injury, which makes it hard, as he generally β€œneeds the run” to get fitness up to firsts standards, but he’s also amongst the best performing VFL players without having had that run, so in an effort to make the firsts better we feel we need to get him in the seniors.

1 Like

He plays 2 games in the VFL.
If by the grace of God his body isn’t broken at the end of that, bring him in against Carlton to remind them of this…

4 Likes

I don’t think that holds up?

Rd 4 2016 8 touches 1.0 (broke down in the 2nd quarter)
Rd 16 2016 9 disposals 2.0
Rd 18 2017 11 disposals 0.1
Rd 6 2018 21 disposals 1.1
Rd 23 2018 17 touches 3.3

That’s all his return-from-injury games.
Probably his 2 best career games included in that.
If anything he comes in with a bang, then tapers off.

I still 100% agree with him (or any fringe player) coming back through the VFL.

Didn’t he play the week before this in the VFL?

Good question - no idea.

Either way I don’t think it supports the contention, that he’s always (or often) been brought back too early. However he’s been managed, he’s often had an immediate impact.

1 Like

the internets say he did

1 Like

Great to have you back Lav and to get through the game.

2 Likes