#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Been really impressed with his Intensity lately, he looks like he’s building towards a breakout game. Once Stringer is back and takes the better defender, I reckon he’s in for a big game of 4goals 5 behinds.

1 Like

When he goals,we all sing.
Then he pulls a hamstring.

That’s Laverde!!

But hopefully not annnyyymooore farkiiiiiitttt…

1 Like

You monster!

4 Likes

He adds a bit of everything.

Speed, good aerially, hunger and applies great forward pressure for someone his size

1 Like

And good looks

1 Like

And a 3 letter nick you can put in ALL CAPS with an exclamation point on it.

Borrowing this from Marty knights.

But I’m very bullish on Laverde.
His stocks continue to rise this years as his confidence grows.

He is just a difficult matchup in the forwardline with his power/pace.
Similar to stringer and caddy and deGoey he is a competitor, but has speed to get on his bike for a easy mark/possession or beat his man with strength.

Still think there is more to come with X factor etc

2 Likes

ive been one of lavs biggest fans since day dot but going forward he isn’t much use to us or anyone if he cant kick straight.

consistently missing easy shots on goal.

3 Likes

Set shot kicking is a problem across the team.
Inside 50’s are by far our biggest concern though. The effectiveness of all of our fwds are being limited by β– β– β– β–  entries.

5 Likes

Replace with Begley.

Laverde was as useful as a car with only one tyre today

1 Like

Gotta say he did remarkably well with the β– β– β– β–  kicks he copped

1 Like

His set shots is his main focus in the off season. His action and everything is fine. He just misses.

1 Like

Lol and you want to replace him with a car on a hoist? Makes sense

2 Likes

At least Begley more likely to kick a goal now and then

So you didn’t see Begley’s kick for goal last week. Lav just missed the goal post, Fridge just missed the behind post.

3 Likes

Of course I saw last week’s kick. Laverde misses more consistently though.
Both don’t do enough during a game.

Laverde is playing as a key forward and doing well without being rewarded on the scoreboard.

Free kicks not being paid, teammates missing him by hand and foot, and yes, missing gettable shots have all cost him this year.

I’m just happy that he is finally getting a good run at it, and I think he has shown more than most people give him credit for, especially in an injury plagued forwardline devoid of any continuity, with himself coming off repeated injury layoffs.

I put his goal kicking down to restricted time practising due to his injuries and the resulting physio management

7 Likes

Well said, HM.

Did a few nice things today (handball to Parish for a goal, etc). Number of missed frees. Had a poor game & his positioning was bad at times, however, our I50 kicking was deplorable, so I am prepared to cut him some slack. Must work on his goal kicking, though (and leading patterns).

Keep sending him up for mine.

3 Likes

Has anyone else noticed that he looks alot slimmer this year in comparison to the last 2 or is it just me?

Looks like they have backed off the weights because of the hamstring issues.
Hopefully it helps and over the next few seasons he can slowly build his size up again.

Yep - very noticeable. Thought the same during the game.

1 Like