#15 Josh Green - delisted

Josh Green delisted. Let slip in the interview with the reserves coach regarding team selection on the bombers website (last 30seconds of the video). Ooopsss

1 Like

#membersfirst

3 Likes

Wow. What a slip up.

1 Like

Bad luck Greeny, … thanks for your efforts … you were fun to watch at times.

7 Likes

That ■■■■ is cold.

3 Likes

Hopefully Josh already knew

3 Likes

Hard to be an Oops if it’s a video on the Bombers website, … it’s not like it was a live stream, so it’s hard to imagine the coach camera person interviewer, etc etc, didn’t realise it had happened.

Or else we have some fairly inept Editors/IT crew.

2 Likes

Yeah he said older statesmen like Josh Green and Jerret who might be playing their last game in the red and black. Not definitive that he has been delisted.

3 Likes

But then he said “send them off in a fitting way”. Pretty definitive.

2 Likes

I reckon the club would have preferred to make an announcement as opposed to the last 15 seconds of an interview with the VFL coach about team selection. It’s either a slip up or disrespectful.

6 Likes

Thought he might’ve snuck one year on minimum coin, but understand why they’d pull the trigger.

Won’t ever forget him helping put Collingwood away on anzac day

5 Likes

Well that’s a bit different then

Merely factual as he out of contract

Mind you Reboot has indicated he will be cut

1 Like

Thought he’d be an important player for us, but I think the line went through his name in that game when he copped a clumsy high tackle and threw his head back and just sort of stopped playing even though no free was called.

What did he play, +50 games across 2x clubs? Lived the dream. Good on him and all the best.

8 Likes

Kinda always looked like Josh was playin for Josh. Got on the end of the hard work of others,and out the back sometimes.

But hes just not quite quick enough,intense enough or defensive enough.

1 Like

Remember a few years ago when Richmond’s then Captain Kane Johnson, said thanks and goodbye to a few players during his B&F speech, only they hadn’t yet been told they were getting the flick.

6 Likes

I do remember that, and it’s still funny now. But I’ve got to say you know you are getting old when you refer to something a decade plus old as “a few years ago”.

1 Like

Ha yes. And I guess the other notable aspect is the Kane Johnson was a captain.

People are jumping the gun.
Yes he’s a very good chance to be delisted, but I think it’s a stretch to assume it’s done based on that comment.

4 Likes

Green offered something we were lacking 2 years ago. We know longer have that issue.

If he had’ve kicked those easy goals, which he’d been doing throughout his career… he might have played more games. You simply can’t have a player that touches it 6-8 times a game, with 2-4 goals scoring opportunities… and only kicks 1.3.

You must kick all of them. I’m not sure why he wasn’t.

1 Like