#15 Josh Green - delisted

Still lots of improvement to come in his defensive work - notice his first instinct is not to chase when an opponent is 5 metres away - Seems to think for 1/2 second before committing himself to chase.

Looks exactly like your classic suburban football little ■■■■, hungry goalsneak who snaps them rather than offloads. Love that we have one.

After playing a few seasons up in Brisbane at low point in front of a handful of diehards and people who probably scored free tickets and barely had interest, I’d say he’d have loved the big stage Tuesday.

4 Likes

Oh yeah. I chuckled. And remarked to my mate, we’re usually on the receiving end of those. Scrubbed kick forward, regulation fumble, forward caught behind fortuitously has ball land in lap and snaps easy goal.

except that he gives off plenty as well. Was his first goal for the club, reckon he’s given off at least 4 and had one cherry picked by Walla in the goal square last week.

5 Likes

I’m suprised about the comments re. his defensive pressure, iv’e seen 3 games live this year and he seems to be working his ■■■■ off in chasing. He isn’t as quick or energetic as others, but i think his defensive efforts have been pretty good. Also when he kicked that first one i thought finally, then knew the floodgates would open for him.

4 Likes

Probably the purest of the small forwards we have. Tippa is better at pressure and likes spending time in the middle floating, Fanta is a freak but is more of a winger/forward. Green is just a pure front and centre goal sneak.

12 Likes

Yep good comment. Easily our best front and centre crumber. Has been doing it a lot this year despite him not really hitting his straps yet. Those 3 small forwards Green, Raz and Tippa compliment each other so well with their different styles IMO.

2 Likes

The three Amigos.

Green,Wulla,Fanta.

As above,he brings front and centre.
Fanta brings slippery sneak.
Wulla brings tough,fast and freaky.

He’s absolutely a keeper if he plays with this level of intent. Incredibly accurate, and simply brings that front and centre crumbing discipline so the other two boys can carry on with their unpredictable ‘X factoredness’!!

4 Likes

Should we get them all a Sombrero each just for the Lol’s??

They all need a Taco meter lol

A Taco meter??

Does that detect drugs from Mexico?

1 Like

That joke is a bit too spicy for this topic

1 Like

By the palate of McNiece I agree.

He is no star but providing a valuable contribution each week.

That goal from boundary was super important when Cats were charging. Winning that ball in the centre and delivering perfect pass to Raz equally so.

Him holding down fwd pocket also means TIPPA & Raz can play higher up ground as well.

Onya Corgs

11 Likes

Better than your average jobber for sure. Knows where they are and very reliable kick for goal. Can tell he’s just bit older and more experienced, always seems to make the right decision with ball in hand.

1 Like

I think in the back half of the year when he gets totally match fit and more miles in the legs, he is going to be even more valuable.

1 Like

Love this bloke, even when he wasn’t kicking goals early he was doing all the right things. He chases hard, pressures, takes the odd mark but most importantly takes his chances when they come. That’s what you want from a small forward, we don’t need 30 possession games, a 20-30 goal year whilst putting forward pressure on is more than enough. Something Jetta could never do for any length of period.

3 Likes

Is doing what we got him to do, can’t ask much more. We’d do well not to kick long to him in 2 on 1s or when he has tall opponent though

8 Likes

Would have to be one of the best set shot kicks in the league. That shot from the boundary was a ripper.

1 Like