#15 Josh Green - delisted

Thanks all.

I had that thought exactly reading DKP post earlier!!

1 Like

Nothing against Green but I hope Lavs great form will make it difficult for Green to make it back.

1 Like

He can keep Leuenberger company. Again.

1 Like

4 Likes

Exactly that. Missed the little corgi today!

I think we missed him more due to our really poor entries and his pressure would have been really useful. Laverde gets another week to get some senior touch.

We play better with him there, not sure if it’s a mental thing or what but we missed him early in the year when he was missing and we miss him again.

1 Like

I hate the word… but it’s about structure. Josh is quickish and he applies lots of pressure, he’s also a smart footballer. He certainly not the best player in our forward line but he makes it better.

15 Likes

That’s it, he’s a really smart footy player and gets up around it, like a nippy annoying dog he’s almost like an extra mid when he comes up the ground to provide a one, two, provides twice the work rate of any other player on the list who can play his 3rd small forward position, even if he’s not their height or weight or talent level.

Rarely see him duff kicks or use the ball badly too.

2 Likes

He’s actually very smart around traffic as well. His hands are very good for somebody that has probably handball once or twice before he arrived at our club.

What impresses me about him is that he started the season and your basic run of the mill forward pocket but he’s worked really hard on his game that now he’s contributing up the field.

Adding the midfield role to his kit bag has probably effected his numbers a little because he hasn’t done it before, but he seems to be learning to get to the right spots which is a good sign.

5 Likes

We miss this guy. His f50 pressure is lacking.

1 Like

It’s got nothing to do with f50 pressure, it’s that he is a smart, selfless footballer who plays his team role exceptionally.

8 Likes

Prior to his injury, there were a number of comments questioning his contribution given his lack of goals.

We have certainly missed him. Gets in the right spot, crumbs the ball with ease and sets up a number of his teammates.

Cannot wait for him to return.

and adds f50 pressure more than the others do and has been all season

and then when he doesn’t kick a goal for a week or two, the same people will come in screaming Lav needs to be promoted to the seniors.

We’ve missed him no doubt, but we did lose to brissy with him, so when the machine works well, he looks good, when it doesn’t as a whole, he doesn’t necessarily either, but still I’d rather have him in the side than not.

1 Like

Was good to have the little man back, especially once we lost Raz. Was just a constant annoying presence for Carlton. His kicking for goal on the other hand…

2 Likes

I thought he came down to crumb the ball way down on the wing at times. Helped out in so many ways today. Great to have him the Corgi back.

almost his best game for the club…worked very hard forward of the ball to give team mates something. Tippa was the differance in my opinion today in the second half but greeny wasnt far behind.

2 Likes

Reckon people would have realised today how important he is to the team great to have him back.

2 Likes