#15 Josh Green - delisted

Walla, Begley and Green had a hard time of it for most of the game, Laird racked up career high 40 disposals in a back flank/pocket role with the most marks (8) and most contested possessions ( 14) for Adelaide. He was as good as 3 of our small medium defenders put together. During Q3 Laird had moved with the Adelaide zone up to the wing and racked up 11 disposals for the quarter.

But, the shear volume of incoming and pressure and our half field zone in the last quarter pushed him right back into the back pocket where he could not effect the game as much as his stats would imply. Funnily enough, thats when Walla, Begley and Green came into the game as Brown, Hartigan Kelly and Talia ran out of steam.
Last year I very rarely if ever saw Green beat a player in a 1:1 marking duel, To push jake Kelly at 190cm and 90kgs out of a high marking contest was really good. Go Greeny.

1 Like

Was smart play by Green

He kicked 2 goals in the last quarter.
Would have loved to kick the third that would have put us in front, but missed.
I dont know how he rag dolled Kelly.

Would have brought the house down if he kicked it.

It was very good technique, he pushed Kelly away from the drop zone early, Kelly was out of balance falling backwards and it seems could not get his leg back to brace and push back on Green, so Kelly took a handful of jumper to hold Green back from the drop zone/ take him down.

Embarrassing for Kelly to be beaten by a Corgi at an absolutely key point in the game.

1 Like

Use any of these sound effects when he gets those little legs pumping

2 Likes

His head dosen’t wobble when he runs it’s just arms and legs

I would have loved it if he’d done the team thing and passed it to devon smith who was 10 metres on his own 25 metres out

1 Like

I hope that is something our side works towards. The Cats prided themselves on that through the years - goals were just as valued as goal assists.

JD certainly needs to take off the blinkers at times.

The one on the weekend where he got the ball on 50 and had McKenna streaming past next to him where he could have handed off and shepherded and seen Conor close to 25-30 out and dob it annoyed me. Did not even look or consider that option and kicked it OOBF IIRC

1 Like

Geelong with their assists…I reckon it cost them in 2008, they were so keen on the dinky kicks to the man in the goal square that they couldn’t kick soda pops from 25 metres. Should have been unreachable at half time.

If you’re clear and within 30 and on a good angle, frigging kick the frigging goal.

3 Likes

Happy for the team to be unselfish when shooting for goal but not when the player is in range.

Around goal he makes KB look like a team player

He’s a worthless little sewer rat and I farking love him

8 Likes

3 years ago we would all have been fapping over Green as a genuine small forward. But then Tippa, Raz, Begley came along and took away his glory!

I like Green, pops up with goals a key times.

He might have halved that one but i farking hate it when Green and his opponent are 1 out in the F50 and we’re streaming forward, Green calls for it and we kick it onto Greens head. Whats with that!

FFS, give him a chest pass, ground ball or ‘over the top ball’ to run on to… even a chaos ball kick into F50 would work better.

2 Likes

I get the feeling everyone here only watches on tv and only looks at who’s holding the footy,
Green almost NEVER stops chasing, his pressure work is fantastic
If you watch him right through a game he will be chasing a player “handballs” he will chase that guy etc etc
He may not get a lot of chase down tackle but he does cause a lot of rushed disposals and turn overs
And also very rarely goes goalless

18 Likes

I did not know that, @kanech. Thanks.

Mate this was happening with Tippa all last year getting balls dropped on his head.

Sometimes the problem is the smalls will lead up and demand the ball therefore it is dished up like that.

As you said they would be better off creating space and running back towards goal.

Damn right Kanech.The guy never stops running when we are defending. Always chasing and harassing. We need him for balance up forward

1 Like

I like him running and harrassing, but maybe more impact with the ball.