#15 Josh Green - delisted

If he’s pressuring and allowing TIPPA and Raz to push up the ground more still has value. But would want to hit the scoreboard more which he normally does.

Free kicks were far too many but frankly the umps were paying fkn everything and anything against us. And times he probably deserved a free himself inside 50 didn’t get

Quite a few players returning from injury/building match fitness to be available come in so players will need to perform.

If the foot is an issue I’d be happy with Long taking his place.

And if it’s the one I’m thinking of, he did exactly the right thing - because Stringer there or not, it would have been a goal.

2 Likes

Don’t want.

Been crap 2 in a row for mine.
Hope Colyer and Long stick their hands up.

In his defence, Green ended up contesting many one on ones where he did give some frees away.

But thats not his role,they either shouldnt have kicked to him,or he shouldnt have asked for it.

Inside forward 50 pressure,and opportunist goals,yes.

Winning contested one on ones on a wing or near the middle?
Nah.

Still though,poor game.
But do we REALLY have someone in the twos to play his role atm?

Not exactly.
Colyer, who’s a bit more midfielder-ey.
Long a bit less consistent, a bit more skilful.

If either of them puts in a big game, I’d have them straight in.

(You could also pick Mutch, and move other guys around. I wouldn’t)
Whatever happens this year, at the draft/trade period we need to find someone better.

2 Likes

Not exactly a like for like replacement but l would bring back Laverde to replace Green.

He’s kicked 6 goals in his last 15 matches in the seniors, and he stuffs around with the tall v small balance.

1 Like

Saw an AFL video of Green and Redman both in moon boots at the airport. Redman was moving ok, Green apparently had his foot stomped on. He’s had operations on both feet so could be a worry.

Not ready yet, but when talking future small/half forwards there is also Houlihan. The forgotten man of the 2017 draft.

Im hearing ya.

I’m really curious about Houlihan. Hasn’t seemed to click yet. Any good signs from those that have been watching?

my memory might be hazy, but i remember colyer as a not very good small forward, but operating better up the field getting us through traffic with his speed. i don’t recall any type of extreme forward pressure play in his game really. am i high?

so, i don’t see him really replacing green’s role.

2 Likes

Except the game is played higher up the ground now with the fwds pressing up often.

And then it’s fast break footy. With ball getting over and out the back of zones which Colyer excels at.

Small forwards also being used through mid rotations at times etc.

I can see us keeping Bags closer to goal and then all of Raz, TIPPA and Colyer doing their thing up the field and working back fwd again.

I’m a fan of Green when he’s in form but its really coming down to Green vs Bags IMO, at the moment Bags appears to be having more impact.

1 Like

Needs to pull his finger out.

1 Like

And more pertinently is not a small forward.

Completely agree

I recall Colyers main issue is picking up the ground ball cleanly really looking forward to Trav watch tomorrow

Well if I were selecting the side, I would bring him in, play him on a wing, and move someone else into HF.

2 Likes