#15 Josh Green - delisted

Really disappointing for the guy. He would have had this match date circled on his calendar, and his inside knowledge of Brizzy would have been invaluable.

2 Likes

Can still be of use in the coaches box

2 Likes

Howlet will do an admirable job replacing Green. Can kick a goal or a bag at times with his reliable set shot plus he’s one of the best tacklers in the league. Doesn’t have the same class or X factor as greeny but will give it a red hot crack in his first game back. I’m going to put him down for 17 touches, 6 tackles and 2 goals.

1 Like

I would have replaced him with Connor McKenna who has pace and would handle the wet track at the Gabba very well.
Prior to the pre-season games, I had McKenna in the side who I think has pace to hurt the opposition but was happy enough to see Green come in. Now Greens got the hamstring (unfit player does hard preseason and does a hammy in round one - wouldn’t be surprised to see it reoccur.) I’d play McKenna as soon as he shows a skerrick of good form.

It’s not going to be a wet track. next.

didn’t check the forecast. doesn’t change my view anyway. next.

That’s okay of course you’re entitled to your opinion, just so you’re aware it’s not gonna be wet so that shouldn’t be part of your consideration. Personally, I think Howlett with his pressure, tackling and ability to hit the scoreboard is the perfect logical replacement on a HFF. Adds to our midfield rotations also.

2 Likes

Howlett has dropped weight to increase his speed/running capacity as they were planning on playing him fwd and being able to give chop out in middle as required anyway.

If Green hadn’t have got himself by preseason games that’s where we’d have seen Benny rd1 IMO

Connor can’t play forward. next.

2 Likes

Who cares. He is attacking and can create run with pace together with Colyer, Tippa and Fantasia and he is good for the goal. next.

Next.

Why’d lions get rid of him?

Showed enough last week that he could bob up and kick a few, has a bit of toe, and tried to dish off a couple.

Looks fricken chunky tho

mainly injuries. had a nasty stress fracture in his foot as well. they offered him a contract apparently but he knocked it back to take a chance to play in victoria.

1 Like

They offered him a contract early in the year, but withdrew it by the end of the season.

actually that sounds right. i think he did a few interviews after we picked him up on what happened at brizzy. ill have to dig them up and give them a listen. its amazing that we got him for free

Because he wouldn’t talk turkey before the season ended as he wanted to test the waters, and they weren’t prepared to have more headlines about players abandoning ship. Worked out beautifully for both us and Green.

2 Likes

Possibly not for Green. He got one year from us, they offered three.

Little Green Man has said a number of times how pleased he is with being with us & on what we’ve seen so far, just a matter of time til he gets an extension.

2 Likes

Not saying for a moment it isn’t true, but what else do you expect him to say?

Some people are more genuine than others & I get the impression he is very happy with how things are working out (notwithstanding the current hammy problem) & what might lie ahead for him & his new team mates.