#15 Josh Green - delisted

What a legend he is already.

7 Likes

Yep, loving Greeny. Can’t wait to see him back.

Don awaits green light

Simon Conway April 11, 2017 3:39 PM

Josh Green has recovered from his hamstring injury but his overall match conditioning will be a key consideration for Essendon’s coaching staff ahead of Saturday night’s match against Adelaide.

The former Brisbane player has missed the last two weeks after injuring his hamstring in the opening game of the season.

Prior to that round one win over Hawthorn, Green also missed the last JLT Community Series match with a sore foot.

Essendon High Performance Manager Justin Crow said Green has completed some high intensity training sessions in recent days.

“Josh Green had an excellent training session with the rehab group on Saturday where he did match-like running,” he said.

“We’re really happy with where he’s at.

“His last six weeks have really been disrupted by his foot issue and now his hamstring issue, so what we’ll be weighing up is just making sure he’s done enough over the last six weeks to be able to play."

There were some sore bodies after the rain soaked game against Carlton last Sunday, but Crow is expecting those players to join in training throughout the week.

“Overall we’ve pulled up ok, its always good news to get a clean sheet out of both the VFL and the AFL games,” he said.

“We had a few knocks, Orazio [Fantasia] had his foot stomped on, but all of those players with knocks are expected to be able to train tomorrow.”

3 Likes

Was ordinary tonight I thought.

1 Like

Yep - looked dangerous a few times but just couldn’t get the clean break away & rushed his disposal. If he survives for ANZAC day he needs a minimum 2 goals. He’s always been a downhill player (like most small forwards) but while we are getting smashed in the midfield he’s going to struggle for impact. Like Fanta, maybe a few runs in the midfield to get touch may be in order.

1 Like

Did well through the guts. Had a number of poor deliveries made to him. Tried all night.

2 Likes

I thought he looked underdone, which isn’t unexpected given his (lack of) build up. Showed some good signs.

I like green, dangerous little bugger in the forward line. Just needs to be a little bit more selfish and kick those goals, he’s a good kick at goal.

I thought he was pretty poor to be honest. He won’t get consistent games if he plays like that.

Watch him go off on A Day.

Wasn’t his best game. Was too unselfish at times

His touch seemed a little off which may be due to having 2 weeks off. Was unable to snaffle a few 50/50 balls but I have the feeling this was all he needed to go berserk on Anzac Day and kick a bag. Here’s hoping anyway.

Yeah, we shouldn’t play TIPPA and Fantasia and Colyer and Green, because our tall forwards are kicking bags of goals.

Der.

4 Likes

I’m not happy to watch him hang out the back waiting for the cheap possession. His defensive effort was poor and it just puts more pressure on guys like Colyer and Fantasia and tippa who put that effort in.
In the preseason he was working up and down the ground. Last night was a lazy effort.
I don’t want this guys gifted games If he is not pulling his weight

3 Likes

Needs another game would be stiff to drop him after 1 game.

1 Like

Looked underdone and was well beaten by the bigger Luke Brown. Hoping he keeps his spot however.

Is it just me or are his limbs out of proportion with the rest of his body? Maybe Brisbane let him go cause they already have Daniel Rich in their side and couldn’t afford to have two men with little arms in their side.

2 Likes

The Corgy will get off the chain against Collingwood.

1 Like

I thought he was alright, seeing him live at the game he was doing a decent amount off the ball and getting into position. One funny thing though he didn’t miss a shot on goal in all the practice games and JLT series, then come the real stuff he keeps fluffing his shots at goal. He fixes that up he will be dangerous again. I like him in the team though he knows how to play the role of a small forward.

1 Like

EFA

I thought he played his role vs Adelaide. He could have easily kicked 3 or 4 but just wasn’t “on”. Let him have a proper go in the 1’s and see if it clicks.