#15 Josh Green - delisted

EZAAAAAARD

5 Likes

People were bagging the ■■■■ out of him in the match thread. I thought he did his job really well.

2 Likes

He wasn’t real good in the first half IMO.

1 Like

An opportunistic, typical small forward-type game; made the most of his opportunities. He deserved his scoreboard reward.

2 Likes

But that’s why there are 4 quarters. If you put together a good game over the 4 qtrs you’ve done your job IMO - it’s almost innate to the position of small forward that you will be quiet in patches.

10 Likes

Well we recruited him because the team we had couldn’t seem to snap those easy gobble up goals that are easy for him

Pretty decent contested mark for his size too

great game

2 Likes

That’s why we recruited him. Now at least when small jammy forwards kick goals against us we have some payback.

1 Like

I can’t take anything he does serious, just looks like a toddler with a world saving purpose.

5 Likes

Happy with his game today

Wish he was better at applying pressure hopefully he gets better at this each week

I reckon he looks like that Luke McGregor dude:

10 Likes

Outstanding pickup!

Both Tasmanian

1 Like

Watching the game I thought he fumbled and wasted opportunities in the 1st half and was criticising his place in the team. He proved me wrong though and had an excellent 2nd half. Well done!

2 Likes

You were not on your own

2 Likes

Liked the way he used his body to work his opponent over. The best one was where Daniher got that ball on the wing and then kicked long to the hotspot. Green just uses his hips to hold his ground and takes a nice grab. A very safe converter too. A perfect occasion for him to bob up and kick 3 important goals. He can only get better the more he plays, but already the synergy with the forward group looks very exciting!

1 Like

I noticed once he kicked his first goal that he had a bit of a spark about him and those next two goals were a lot of fun. I felt he was due for a performance like this as he looked threatening but not quite there against the Crows. Good going Josh!

3 Likes

This is exactly why we picked him up. For performances like this on the big stage.

2 Likes

He was important today in slotting 3 goals and I like what he brings offensively but I reckon for him to have a sustainable career he still needs to work harder on his fitness and get it to a point where he can be a 2 way player.

At the moment he doesn’t quite have it in his legs to apply that manic defensive pressure on the oppositions defense that is required.

A lot of this is probably due to him getting injured quite regularly (his foot most notably) where he just hasn’t been able to have an uninterrupted pre-season to get super fit.

1 Like

Funny to read some thought he was a bit poor, I thought he was pretty good. Man a small forward who kicks goal, theee goals ZERO behinds no less.

Holy moly, Bewick-sequel.

6 Likes

Really like him. Absolutely needs to work on his defensive game, he would be well aware of that. Has had an interrupted preseason the last of many, said himself has never been able to get really fit. Hopefully he can get a really good run at it because his offensive side is very good. Used his body a few times today very well and what a great kick he is. He looked to be loving Anzac Day in the red and black.