#15 Josh Green - delisted

what ■■■■■■■ planet are they on?

As one of those guilty of bagging him, very happy to say I got it wrong. He really is a wonderful shot for goal, and super quick to get ball to boot.

Long term, I still worry about his defensive pressure and two way running. Hopefully playing alongside Tippa will inspire him!

Loves a goal and knows how to kick them.

Defensive pressure isn’t through lack of intent, I suspect it’s always fitness related. Has had an interrupted pre-season and season proper.

If we can get him cherry ripe fitness wise he’ll be a valuable contributor weekly for us.

Crumbs very well, doesn’t get knocked off footy easily when disputing ground balls and can take a contested mark. Excellent set shot.

Like.

Also he had 5 tackles, which was equal 3rd most for the team, so he’s not exactly a total liability defensively.

4 Likes

Can’t believe I posted a hilarious gif about my disappointment in picking him up.

He goes alright.

And; he is a goal sneak and is opportunistic. Wearing red and black I like him in any other colours, I wouldn’t.

A very handy inclusion into our forward line, sign him up for another year.

He’s not that quick but hopefully what he lacks in pace he will continually cover with his effort and endeavor. His first goal was absolute quality which we have not had up forward for a long time. He wouldn’t have had the ball in his possession for more than 1 second yet was deadly on his opposite foot. Brilliant.

1 Like

Joey kicks 3-4 behinds and probably should get some adverse comment in the game thread, then ends up with the Anzac Day medal.

Green was leading contested possession winner of our forwards, equal third in tackles. 3 goals. Its hard to say that he was poor overall, but like Joey, might have copped some criticism in the game thread…

With 66 I50 entries like Collingwood got, he might have kicked a bag.

3 Likes

He’s this year’s Jimmy Gwilt.

Actually not that bad!

2 Likes

Now that you mention it… the resemblance is uncanny.

10 Likes

has anyone noticed that Green looks alot like Lenny Kravitz?

6 Likes

Love him. His performance yesterday was exactly what you want from a small forward. Yes, they aren’t not going to get tons of possession, but they tackle and harass and most importantly, kick a few goals from very limited opportunity. When there is that tiny opportunity to pounce, they are in the exact right spot and can throw the ball on the boot in seconds.

That’s exactly what he did yesterday. Kudos.

And yes, he is extremely odd looking.

4 Likes

9 of 10 possessions were contested.

Thats amazing from a small fwd who invariably is often an outside type player.

1 Like

Isn’t it amazing how there was so much talk on here since we picked him up that he was going to be a nuisance on Anzac day and kick 3 or 4…and then it actually happened!

Only thing missing was the **** you to the filth cheer squad

3 Likes

Pretty sure any crumbing possession is counted as contested, loose ball gets the like? So at least in that context it’s not totally extraordinary. That said, he certainly isn’t afraid of the tough stuff and goes at it pretty well in the F50.

1 Like

He was exciting in patches at the ground but watching the replay, he seemed more involved than what I remember.

I’m happy for his run and goals and he genuinely seemed to be enjoying playing in front of a big crowd.

Good on you, Josh.

2 Likes

10 possies, 5 tackles, three goals. I’d take that every week.

8 Likes

How fkn AWESOME was it when an idiot backman was clean bowled in defensive 50 on a pretty regular gather and some little ■■■■■■■■ small forward picks it up, wacks it on the boot in less than a second and goals instantly punishing them.

Only problem with this Essington moment? Our player played the wrong role!

5 Likes

My boy.

Handy pick up that cost us nothing.

2 Likes