#15 Josh Green - delisted

yep, I turned to the bloke next to me as he was lining up & said “we haven’t had a guy kick em from here since Bewick” right on queue he delivered.

4 Likes

Really needs to work on his contested marking if we keep playing him at CHF.

14 Likes

We did this too many times. It was partly his fault, he needed to break free from those guys and lead out. But maybe the plan was to make them drop the mark so he could crumb it. Its clearly a bridge too far for the little guy to lay enough body on some 6’6" KPD to get him to drop the mark. Now Tippa, he can do that.

Actually hird was very very good from that pocket. He could fade his drop punts beautifully. Probably his best kick actually.

HE DOESN’T MISS.

2 Likes

It’s funny when Cyril gets 13 possessions and kicks 2 goals the football world grabs the hand lotion and goes to town. When a bloke like green has 3 goals and 15 possessions like he did on Anzac Day it’s a servicable game. Very happy with what he’s providing and contributing each week.

9 Likes

Still find myself grimacing for the first time I see him thinking “i hate this…” then yell “Greeny”

His new haircut makes him look like Bewick.

Wonder if we can organise a number change.

1 Like

We had probably the best set shot of the past 25 years as well if you cast your mind back.
And Ryder was good too.

Really good kick though, particularly from a rightie

He makes me smile this bloke, he literally has the worst athletic ability I can remember of a modern footballer, but he is very, very clever and a lovely kick for goal. Very much enjoying watching him run around for us. I really hope he can get a great run at it, if he could improve his fitness and perhaps even his pace that would add significantly to his game.

Just ■■■■■■ loving our small forwards this year, what a ripping little group.

4 Likes

same pretty much, ever since we picked him up i’ve been quietly hoping he’d prove to be a good pickup.

Just glad he’s getting reward now for the effort

2 Likes

Essendon has a reliable snap kick crumming pressuring good set shot small forward

Well I’ll be.

1 Like

Who Lloyd?

1 Like

To be fair, when Tippa or Fanta get 13 touches and kick 2-3 goals the football world grabs the hand lotion.

There’s some footballers who just have star quality and presence about them, of which Fanta, Tippa and Rioli are.

Green will never have that star aura about him, and that’s ok.

1 Like

If he keeps kicking goals from the boundary and Essendon fans will think he has that star aura about him.

Up until a year ago til those 2 you mention become bigger names, ironically most would have claimed we haven’t had a decent goal kicking small forward since bewick.

yet during the period one could argue that the likes of mercuri and a couple of others were bigger stars.

either way I hope all 3 get recognition for being very dangerous and exciting players.

His 3 goals on Anzac Day help us beat Collingwood also do not underestimate his set up for Fantasia’s goal in the last qrt to seal the game against Geelong.

He’s been a handy pick up.

1 Like

That’s the thing not every player we get from another club has to be a star as long as he plays his role in the team that helps us win games which Green is doing atm.

Green is playing an important role as he allows Fantasia and McDonald to spent time in the midfield. Need him to continue playing consistent footy.

4 Likes

I love what Greeny brings to the team. He looks like a suburban footy player who has just had a pie and a coke before the game as a carbo load and will be sharing a slab with a few mates after the game.

However, he has natural small forward ability, is reasonable quick and kicks straight. Quite deceptive pace.

Keep DODORO.

6 Likes

Yep this. Green is our forward pocket. The other two are going to end up playing wherever the coach decides he needs them most at any point within a game.

It is an absolutely astonishing position to be in for us given our history of almost a complete lack of speedy super-skilled players who can win their own ball and kick multiple goals per game.

2 Likes