#15 Josh Green - delisted

Hardly

I remember two years ago when we beat Brisbane at Etihad watching that game and thinking FK that Green is always buzzing around being an annoying carnt, kicking handy goals and looking dangerous, I would love us to try and get him.

Rapt for the bloke and stoked to have him

7 Likes

Tippa Fanta and Rioli create their opportunities. Green is more of an opportunist. Not so awesome.
But he is not selfish and has as many assists as he has goals. If you total goals and assists Green sits just behind Tippa in that respect on a per game basis (6).

The small forward group are working really well together as a team.

1 Like

Lay off Gwilty. He was a good contributor.

15 Likes

So long as we don’t turn him into our next Alwyn “CHF” Davey. Several times on the weekend i noticed he was asked to beat a taller opponent one on one in the fwd 50 when clearly he was out of position. We still need to be smarter with our fwd 50 entries

2 Likes

Reckon partly his fault and partly the delivery. There was one instance I can recall in the last quarter where Zaharakis has the ball on the wing and Green was calling for it over the top… trouble was he was ~50m away and manned up by the taller Collar-jazz-knee. He was never gonna get it over the top to him but went that option cause green was calling hard for it. In that instance, Zaka should’ve lowered his eyes and hit Joe on the lead on the 50.
Green’s gotta know his team mates limitations as much as his teammates need to lower their eyes sometimes.

2 Likes

I blamed the kicker on those occasions. He was trying to body the opponent under the ball when it was kicked straight to him. It should have been a kick over their heads where he could run onto it after turning his opponent around.

1 Like

He’s got Ezard’s number. Keep.

3 Likes

I thought the exact same thing always wanted him at essendon after that game and can’t believe we ended up getting him for nothing. I think he is still under 25 as well. What a bargain.

8strong text

It’s certainly both their faults. What I don’t understand though if you are the kicker, then you must be able to recognise that it is extraordinarily unlikely that Green (or any small forward) will outmark their bigger opponent, so why not kick it well in front to run onto, or along the ground. Sure it might not look pretty, but it gives Green a fighting chance. When we bomb it, it happens far too often that the taller defender takes the mark. It’s frustrating how ineffective our forward entries can be sometimes

2 Likes

Bewick!!! like!!!

And before him we had Primmer (also 15). Terrific goal sneak.

1 Like

Yep. Happy enough with that.

No slight on the guy, … but I can’t see him exactly measuring up to Boris.

Is green is good!

2 Likes

Wow does remind me of Darren Bewick, the ice cool snap shot master, back him on a loose ball in the 50 as well, red nut, loves a goal, reliable footballer, completely different body shape though

Please don’t compare green to Rioli.

You mean we can’t call him the Green Dean?

1 Like

in no way am I comparing the two, just saying if one gets 3 goals and 15 possessions he probably gets 3 brownlow votes but if the other gets the same he probably gets a mention in robbos likes for playing a “good” game

2 Likes

We only contracted Green for a year.

I imagine his manager would already be pushing for an extension.

So what would you be willing to offer him?