#15 Josh Green - delisted

Not looking up to see Stewart was infuriating. And then he probably should have taken the shot rather than passing to Watson.

He looked spent for most of the last quarter.
The knock he took to the arm seemed to have taken a bit out of him.
Not real sure why he was kept on the ground for as long as he was.

1 Like

Maybe the coaches were unaware that he wasn’t quite right. Runners go out and the player says they are fine and the runner just says everything is okay to the coaches.

I think he should have had the shot at 3/4 time however when Watson is standing on a better angle all by himself i can see why he passed it.

I’d like to think the coaches get a better view than me.

Horrible for 2 matches, but who replaces him?

Parish, feasibly; with Raz returning deeper forward rather than this wing-ish role he’s had recently.*

• they won’t do this

No, they won’t.

I don’t mind Raz’s “new” role, but he serves more purpose forward currently.

It’s not being done for this week.

1 Like

FRIDGE

4 Likes

Yes but if a player says they are fine and the doc can’t see anything wrong then why would the coaches take him off?

BIG. BOI.

Stays in unless injured.
Not “horrible” - a solid pressuring game in the true forward pocket without scoreboard reward.
More tackles than Walla and Fanta.
Does the roving at the feet of the big men better than most and draws opponents with him because he’s hitting those spots at pace (well ,as fast as his little legs can carry him) creating opening for others.
Most of the time he will centre the ball or handball off if there’s an option - doesn’t always take the impossible shot for goal. That’s actually something Fanta’s more guilty of lately.
A key part of our mix & match forward set up.

Rotating Fanta & Walla through the middle with Parish & Fridge seems a better option than replacing the Corgi, but that’s another discussion.

4 Likes

FGS, he is not the only one who does that. All players celebrate their goals differently. Its his first year and he is still settling in, give the guy some stretch.

1 Like

Hope he kicks a bag of ten against his old mob next week

1 Like

Maybe he was tired in the last. His work rate in the first quarter was massive.
I dont think they will drop him. He is too much a part of the speed/lock it in game plan.
But interms of ability to “bullock” in the contest Francis and Fridge are aternatives.

When he touched that Stewart kick through, had it already been touched?

Otherwise, since it had passed the Swans defender, should have let it through.

That play angered me more than any other on the night, bar one.

Certain goal ruined by Green. If the defender did touch it it was only because green failed to do the team thing and sheperd it through.

Selfish act that cost us a goal.

I didn’t see it that way at all.

1 Like

I reckon Green has been pretty good over the last couple of weeks. Working hard and making half chances out of nothing.

Not a lot of them coming off at present though.

If he’d kicked straight he’s be a hero today.

But he didn’t, which sucked hugely.

Agree the whole “must take a contested mark versus a much bigger guy” thing is tending more to the tragic than funny side.

1 Like