#15 Josh Green - delisted

It’s still kinda funny after all those times with Froggy.

My wife likes Corgi as a name for him but prefers to call him Boggs from Shawshank.

1 Like

It’s kinda irrelevant whether he has a great game personally. What matters is that the forward structure with green, raz, Walla, Hooker and Stewart works. It works so well that it’s the best our forward line has looked in years.

■■■■ with it at your peril.

5 Likes

I really couldn’t agree with this more. First time our forwardline has looked top 4 quality for 15 years. I would be reluctant to mess with it.

5 Likes

I felt he hasn’t been selfish enough until last night.

Raz and Hooker take shots from everywhere, this bloke generally centres it or plays the %s

I thought his 1st half was good. Faded in 2nd half. I like what he brings

1 Like

All small fwds have quiet days. Frankly all of our fwds not just the smalls struggled last night.

Raz missed plenty though. But so did Buddy.

Green is not a star but playing his role generally well. His dead eye set shot kicking seems to have dropped away though which hopefully returns.

1 Like

He appears to have embraced our culture. Dead eye dicks need not apply.

Quite possible, … the grass was half way to his knees after all …

3 Likes

His games without scoring any goals have very much been ‘nearly’ games where he is getting to the right spots and looking like making things happen.

Had a couple of weeks with less impact, but I don’t think he’ll be going anywhere at this stage. Didn’t get to have a crack against his old side in Round 2, so I expect him to be primed to kick a handful on Sunday

I was just scanning our scoring stats, to see whether Green is still warranting his position amongst our senior small forwards:

Fantasia = 27.15 from 14 games
Tippa = 22.14 from 14 games
Green = 13.15 from 12 games
Begley (VFL) = 15.7 from 11 games
Merrett (VFL) = 10.1 from 10 games (but perhaps only 5 games played forward)

Begley the nearest threat, but he may have missed an opportunity by having a quiet one on Saturday.

I’m not seeing it with Green.

1 goal in 3 games?

Begley should have played today. Green gave nothing. And his habit of turning his back on goals needs to be beaten out of him.

2 Likes

Needs a spell, just looks lazy at times.

Goes to ground too easily when almost tackled. If he had jaggged a few frees it’d be fine to persist with that strategy, but it ain’t working, so keep your feet.

13 goals from a player as 1 dimensional as Green is unacceptable. I’d give Jerrett a chance to save his career.

Time for a rest and to have a look Begley.

Josh Green has 4 contested marks from 12 games this year. 4.

Why do we persist on kicking it to him in contested situations? We must have done it 5 times yesterday.

2 Likes

Drop him. Not doing anywhere near enough. Squibbed a few times yesterday too. Choosing to bump instead of tackle was the last straw

we do this because he’s too lazy to lead.

He’s a sweet potatoe. Offers nothing. Blood begley ffs.

1 Like

A couple of times during the last quarter he was the only deep forward we had whilst the ball was coming in to our half-forward line. It was surreal.