#15 Josh Green - delisted

you’ve never seen that before?

Yeah, plenty of times. Maybe I fell for the old “we learn from our mistakes and will use it to improve” line.

1 Like

We’ve done it 20 times in the last month!!! Drives me crazy. A spot-up forward is not his role. Nor Tippa’s for that matter… Mind you, none of the other fwds led yesterday at all.
That habit from years of playing through Alwyn Davey at CHF is a motherfarker to break…

1 Like

Straight swap for Begley

Just like this week should have been.

He bobs up and kicks a goal every now and again but thats it. The way we kick it to him we need someone who can mark

I think if we were playing anyone other than Brisbane, Green wouldn’t of played this week

Yesterday I thinik he was a bit more wound up and anxious than usual up against his old club. I remember Chappy really struggled against Geelong the first time he played against them, sometimes it happens and they overplay it. A few times he just went for the goal blindly, pretty sure he did in either the 2nd or last quarter (Kicking to the Lloyd end, that’s all I remember) where he gets the footy on the turn, could’ve fired off the handball to Raz who is running straight towards the goal but he burns him and goes for a snap, marked about 2-3m in front of the goal line by a Lions backman. I still think he’s a worthwhile pick-up, but maybe a week in the VFL to get some footy and kick a few might be what he needs.

1 Like

The selfish play wasn’t just this week, though.

Turns his back on goal constantly after a Mark, fails to lift his eyes in free play within 70 of goal.

I’m over it. He’s not contributing.

2 Likes

I agree.

Sadly, this is an indictment on the club.

1 Like

Spud

Very interesting stats. My reading of that is that we really need Laverde to get some VFL game time and find some form.

Richmond were the first club to expose him on the way out of defense. Many of their attacks were launched via his man running off him. Many clubs have done the same since as the book is out on his inability to chase hard.

2 Likes

I still like him.

What you guys are all castigating him for is the same thing you were tongueing his nuts about for 6 wks ago. “First selfish small fwd since Bewick.” “Actually knows where the goals are.”

It’s a fkn hard role, small fwd, and the line between good selfish and bad selfish is wafer thin. I don’t go to games so don’t know how hard he is working off the ball and stand to be informed about that by those that know but I think the only thing that’s hurt him recently is that he’s missed goals he should kick. There’s been probably 1-2 of those per game for a month. It’s a shame, because he’s got an eye/foot for a goal and usually converts his chances. If he had been doing so we’d be happy as larry (close to a nothing statement there, I know).

7 Likes

Boris was excellent in the midfield and would’ve been right at home playing out his career In the middle he was that good.

Green doesn’t offer much more that great goal sense. I hope it’s just a fitness thing cause he looks sluggish. If he can get up to speed I’d take the odd games where he doesn’t score a lot cause he’d provide more defensive work.

Tippa and Fantasia are much more willing to work and can both be moved to half back or on the ball if things aren’t working up forward for them.

Scott Lucas made a ridiculous statement, suggesting a Green should not be a target, just a crumber! Also suggested tagging the oppositions most influential player. I had a chuckle, clearly no footy sense!

3 Likes

He can certainly see something the coaches can’t.

1 Like

For years it seems we target the smallest guy on the forward line, probably because they are the only ones on the farking foward line.

Remember the high kicks to Davey, and now it happens to Green and Walla.

Three big guys like Joe, Stewart and Klunk, and often they are all at CHB.

1 Like

It must frustrate the hell out of him, knowing that the misses out on a guaranteed 8 goals a year because he doesn’t play Essendon.

Noticed that this year Woosha has given most players that are struggling in their preferred position a 2nd chance in a different role before dropping them, i.e. Stanton went from wing to HB line to dropped.

Would love to see Green tried more in the backline & on ball and if he can’t recapture his form then given a run in the VFL.

Time to step up.