#15 Josh Green - delisted

Guess we need somebody to bag this week.

4 Likes

Guess you needed something to post.

And its been the last few weeks.

3 Likes

i just have visions of spud players on the wing, sprinting back and forth regardless of where the play is.

“yeah but my sprint numbers though”

2 Likes

Put him in the 2’s for the rest of the year, we’ve seen enough!

1 Like

Good idea, and look to trade him or whatever

Is it just me or do his arms look shorter when he doesn’t play well?

1 Like

You conveniently left out his hitout statistics…appalling!

Correct.
His hit-out stats were appalling.

the prob is that he doesn’t seem to want to improve his HO. as if he couldn’t give a stuff. almost Langford-like apathetic

He needs to work on his HOs in the 2’s. Wot kinda coaches carnt see this???

Lack of scoreboard impact. One goal in the last 4 matches is not a good enough return on the investment in him. Needs to kick goals, or make way for someone else who will.

4 Likes

Time for Green to have a spell, hasn’t had much of an impact and the going for hangers when he has the leap of a rhino and turning his back on teammates in better positions has really annoyed me

Just reading between the lines, but Woosha’s comments surrounding Bagely suggest that Green will be very lucky to be playing this week. I doubt we’ll see him on Friday night.

I have a somewhat different view to most. Greens performance has dropped off, in terms of scoreboard impact, no doubt he is in danger of losing his spot.

However he has been putting in a lot of effort, he is getting in good positions and being ignored, he is assisting, blocking, tackling and playing for the team.

No doubt his stats are not the best, and we all know, on blitz, you can be flavour of the month (Begley) or whipping boy ( Jobe/Myers/ marty) or just impervious to criticism. (Hartley)

On balance Begley 4 green is ok by me especially as tippa is definitely losing impact as well.

7 Likes

If he didn’t turn his back against Sydney we wouldn’t have… etc.

I watched the replay and I actually thought he wasn’t TOO bad. Ideally he gets more of it or kicks more goals but he had some key moments in a few of our scoring chains. I’m also aware that with 3 small forwards in the team that not all of them are going to kick a bag each week.

6 Likes

I’d like Green to kick a bag one week though

1 Like

I read that as one bag a week.

I’d like that too.

2 Likes

It’s not like he’s not getting the shots on goal. Just hasn’t had the accuracy that’s been his big strength in his career so far. People say he’s only kicked 1 goal in a month but it’s because he’s kicked points.

Vs Cats - 2 goals 2 behinds
Vs WC - 2.2
Vs Rich - 0.1
Vs Giants - 4.3
Vs Port - 0.3
Vs Syd - 0.3
Vs Lions - 1.1
Vs Pies - 0.0

For someone who is known for ‘never missing’ I’d be pretty confident he can turn those numbers around to at least 66% accuracy then all of a sudden his numbers look very good. Is also not as fit as he could be given he hardly had a preseason because of his foot.

1 Like

Yeah but, … only for the Glaucoma though,… right?