#15 Josh Green - delisted

I would just like to point out that Green, Tippa and Fanta have had a massive work rate, with a punishing physical role locking the ball in and harassing and I just get the feeling that both Tippa and Green have lost a bit of the edge they had before the bye.

I think the use of Begley for at least a couple of games resting first Green , then Tippa, might be a good strategy anyway. If Begley starts kicking bags, the proof is in the pudding. Clearly Tippa would come back in after a rest, but Green would probably have to fight his way back in.

2 Likes

If a player is injured then don’t play him, but giving a player a rest ? They have 6, 7 or 8 days between games! Why would they need a “rest” ?

The “Inside the Play” video this week shows how hard he works.

1 Like

Soreness. Green cops a lot of big bodies crunching him. May need extra recovery time.

Shanking kicks is often a symptom of fatigue.

OUT: Corgi (rested)
IN: Fridge (brung in)

1 Like

If the Fridge comes in to replace him, then you could see the Fridge being replaced by LAV!

From the Fridge straight to the Lav! Not a pretty thought! Throw it out before it goes Green!

7 Likes

Thank god, I just thought I couldn’t kick, now I know it’s because I’m a fat ■■■■■■■!

Meh, what would they know?

1 Like

Didn’t see it, but i’d suggest that that is the main reason why he hasn’t been dropped as of yet.

I like him, I think he’s still offering something at present, but wouldn’t be phased if he was dropped.

However he does seem to be following his role of what is required by him. The richmond game is a prime example IMO, all the small forwards had a quite game, but Green esp was running to the same spots he had been in previous, the ball was just turnover before it got to him.

So even now I think he’s running to the spots the coaches want him to, it’s just not coming off at present.

But like it or not, like him or not, the coaches believe he is a best 22 player, so anyone expecting him to be dropped, Just cos have to learn to read what the coaches will do, to save themselves some heartache.
they won’t drop him unless absolutely necessary.

He isn’t getting the cheapies in the goal square he got at the lions. Not because he isn’t there but because we have hungry bastards like Fanta and JD who like to finish their own work. Not a bad thing.

He’s certainly not slacking off out there.

I don’t like it when he is drawing long balls though. I just don’t understand how we can end up with our structure looking like that, nor do I understand why we don’t honour a hit up in that situation anyway. Zaharakis is the chief culprit in this regard.

Begley lav and Jerret are all keeping him honest but if it ain’t Broke…

6 Likes

I think he gets in good positions for sure. However he then often fumbles or drops the mark.

We are not in the 8 and we lost to the bottom team. I’d say it is broken or at least needs to get better.

Frankly I was surprised Jobe was the one “rested”

Maybe the 4 fast small forward structure we have in place, whereby they mix it up at stoppages, work high, get over the back etc is a key part of the way we “want to play”. Take one away and we lose more than 25% ?

You could be right. I just think that there might be others that can do it better.
You would think he needs a decent game this week to not be dropped. That said I thought the same last week.

I just mean the forward line

Understand and the forward line has been good but it could still improve.

I thought he was ok in the Collingwood game, and if he’d kicked straight our perception of his preceding weeks would be very different. I can understand him not being dropped.

2 Likes

What the? Did someone hack your account?

I agree with you completely.

4 Likes

haha…thought the same thing, especially when you compare it to almost the exact same thing with Myers, and how he approached that one…

2 Likes

For comparison.

1 Like