#15 Josh Green - delisted

Play Begely, put Green down.

He showed a little Begley needs to play JLT 2

Begley has huge upside, Green has nothing.

+carlisle

4 Likes

CARLOL

4 Likes

I also think Green is crap

■■■■ we miss carlol desperately come to think of it now… just imagine how good itd be to have him over hartley/ brown in the team

1 Like

I actually thought Green was one of the few on the wings (what?) to give us something early. Still gives more than Langford etc which is saying something.

2 Likes

Gawd, that’s a bit cruel to green dream him and illegal.

Green needs to eliminate the nudge he instinctively gives his opponent under the ball each time. Sometimes he’s not even the main player or target in the contest, often it has non-effect on his opponent’s ability to impact/win the contest other than an increased chance of giving away a free. This is not just a result of us kicking it on his head but also for him looking to get free out the back of a pack for an easy ball.

I’m not often one to rag out a player but the above qualities alongside ‘space
-guarding’ (runs close enough to ball carrier to show effort of running without any real pressure or intent) fail to show me what he brings to the team on game day.

His height doesn’t qualify him as a better pressure forward option. Mutch/Clarke for example have engines, better intent on the ball/contest and would have been much better for developing an extra string and the exposure. I hope that should we lose Tippa/Fantasia during the year we don’t revert back to Green and choose one of the above options or better utilize our mozzy squad rotations forward.

1 Like

Having a great last quarter if he was just kicking a bit more accurately.

Must irk a lot of people that he had a better game than Walla…or McKenna…or Begley

21 Likes

Thought he played really well in the second half.

Obviously reads Blitz.
Credit for the great crumb goal off the pack.
edit: and an improved overall intensity

Fined $1000 for staging. Am I right in thinking that only Essendon players have been booked for such an offence? L. Jetta being the other.

Christian’s made a rod for his own back with this one. Has to book them all now. And there will be plenty.

5 Likes

Waite got done for it a few years back I believe.

Described by Jonathan Brown as a 176cm Key Forward. For mine he should have learned his role and got out of the road of Daniher when the two went for the same mark on Saturday. Ball was kicked to the best over head mark in the team. Gave away a few stupid frees and had a cringe worthy dive. His favourite band might be Me First and the Gimme Gimme. Time has come to move past him to be in a position to win a final.

1 Like

Joel Selwood will be broke by the end of the season

5 Likes

He deserved it but I find it funny that it is an Essendon player who cops it. Nothing happened to Oliver or Rance.

1 Like