#15 Josh Green - delisted

This guy doesn’t have many posts in his thread this week…but IMO, he’s RESPONSIBLE for SO MANY posts across Blitz.

At the start of the year, Green wasn’t quite in my best 22. Instead I had Stringer, Langford, Smith all rotating through the forward line, whilst they assisted our midfield depth…some other Blitzers probably had Begley instead of Green.

As Green has been performing as our best small forward, we can’t drop him…but it has had a knock on effect on senior team spots that has squeezed the kids Langford or Begley out of the team (eg. we can’t play Stringer pure forward, and say keep Langford in the midfield with Myers).

Anyway, that’s what has happened compared to my preseason best 22.

2 Likes

Its not easy being Green.

4 Likes

We just look much more balanced with the three talls and the three small’s up front. Green imo he is the smartest of all our small forwards just without the gifts of Raz, Tippa even Begley. We will look much better with Raz in this week, Stringer still the square peg but he does open up other opportunities depending on how his midfield work goes.

He’s best 22, he kicks those annoying goals that we normally concede that makes my blood boil. I’m just glad we’ve got someone to do it for us now

Small fwds need to be given some latitude when it comes to producing goals. It’s just the nature of the position. Sometimes they’ll grab a bag, others they’ll run around all day and get nothing. But they are essential, and Green is a very decent small forward.

5 Likes

I like that when he is interviewed his focus is on applying pressure. Doesn’t say “be good to kick a few”. That defensive focus is crucial for our forward press and stopping rebounds against us.

3 Likes

Greens been one of a small handful of players that can hold their head high.

Been at the feet of the big forwards all day and has tried his heart out.

5 Likes

You cannot tell me that this cherry picking chipscab has been above ■■■■ poor today?

Pathetic all afternoon but he had a lot of mates.

Should not have been in the side and should be in the VFL for the foreseeable future.

Chip scab?

Had 14 touches of which 10 were contested. Hardly a scab!

2 goals to go with it. Done his job.

16 Likes

I’m not a fan. I reckon he is pretty average but he has been our best the last couple of weeks. Which probably says a lot about the rest

2 Likes

Would have been 3 if JD handballed properly …:smirk:

5 Likes

Likewise. Am not a massive fan, however, he has been solid over the past two weeks. Better than Walla (this year), so would be harsh to drop. Hope Lav comes good and we can see what sort of pressure he will add.

1 Like

Champion data (via their player ratings formula) rated him our best player today.

6 Likes

The Davey role.

Joe had a brain fade of epic proportions but green calling for it was absolutely ridiculous. Very selfish play.

2 Likes

Harsh!

Considering he was among our bests, top 2 in our goal kickers, top 5 for pressure acts in that game and none of our midfielders bettered him for contested possessions, how can the word “drop” even be in this conversation right now?

Still there are fans out there looking to sanction the guy based on entrenched bias against him.

6 Likes

He’s a small forward, he did exactly what he is meant to do. Just because he runs passed and presents an option doesn’t mean Daniher has to use it. And if he does choose to use it, it’s not Green’s fault that it wasn’t even an Auskick level handball. You are taking a shot at the wrong person here.

14 Likes

Yep. Agreed. It required a 4/10 quality handpass and didn’t get one.

2 Likes

But he’s a ranga from Brisbane.

1 Like