#15 Josh Green - delisted

I don’t care how bad the handball was, anyone with half a brain should be telling Joe to go back and kick the goal, not asking for a cheap goal 2 metres out.

2 Likes

Not me. Has played his role over the past few weeks. Has been solid & stays in the side.

1 Like

It was a bad handball but its not like Green was all by himself in the goalsquare with no opposition around. He had opposition around him and there was no need to present an option. It was already a goal. So no, in that situation I don’t believe that is what he is meant to do.

Correct.

I see it as JoeDan’s mistake, personally. He was in the position to see behind both Green and Fanta. He panicked, and the handball came out stilted because his mind was not convinced he was doing the right thing. Green called for the ball running in, because that’s what small forwards do - it’s their job.

the only way joedan could’ve ■■■■■■ up that handball any more was if he hoofed it over the line.

1 Like

2 goals in each of his games so far this year. Keep that up and he’s on track for 40+, which you’ll take to the bank. 14 possessions, 3 tackles, 2 goals. If that’s his base line then no way does he get dropped, but reality is that your forward pocket types are often the first out the team after poor performances. Begley was far from our worst against Freo, he was dropped and only a late withdrawal saw him play today.

I’d personally blame Joe and Green for that horrid play like many have mentioned.

BUT before that, did anyone see what Green was doing during Stewart’s run up for goal?? Literally walked around Stewart in the left pocket and started waving and calling for the ball despite Jimmy being 30m dead in front.

It was very distracting and glad Stewart ignored him and kicked the goal…

5 Likes

A small forward who actually crumbs.

I think we should try him as a running half back.

1 Like

Exactly. Plus the clock was running down in the 4th and we had the momentum (until it was fluffed).

Joe made a serious error no doubt.

I probably see it differently however.

Players should not call for the ball in the wrong position and I think green calling for it there was the wrong play.

3 Likes

Couldn’t crumb Joe’s handpass tho

1 Like

Hes just a crummy crumber. Delist.

Handpass is pretty loose description

1 Like

Should have been pinged for throwing. Less Embarrassing

1 Like

Do you watch football? Have you seen how often Betts does that very thing (usually with a better handpass given to him)? Cyril and Poppy do it all the time.

From the goal square?

Good players don’t call for the ball when under pressure imho, especially when we have a shot 12m out from goal.

Anyway Joe shouldn’t have tried to give it off.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I said at the time. It was a greedy act by Green to try and get a cheap goal.
Joe should have taken the responsibility as a key forward and senior player to nail the goal.
Both players culpable, but for different reasons.

1 Like

better players don’t give it off like that.