#15 Josh Green - delisted

It’s legal now, though.

2 Likes

He fking SLAYED the Pies last year.

Hope he does it again.

2 Likes

He’s providing worse options to get goals. I don’t see that as part of his job.

People provide worse options across the field in general play all game. His job is to present an option as a small crumbing forward.

Personally, I’d rather the big forwards ignore him and take the shot, but if they don’t and they pass of to a gumby position I hardly see it as Green’s fault for trying to present an option, and to be fair to Green, he gets in good positions too.

Let’s be real, the onus of the responsibility is on the bloke with the ball in his hand.

3 Likes

Fair. But at some point, I’d like to see Green not ask for the cheapest goals possible.

I would ask him to keep doing it

9 Likes

And I. It’s all about his minset. We want him thinking about getting as many goals as possible.

2 Likes

I just want him to exercise a bit of judgement. I didn’t realise that would interfere with his gimmeballkickgoalgimmeballkickgoalgimmeballkickgoal mindset.

But your thinking is wrong imo, the judgement was Joe’s to exercise , not Green’s.

3 Likes

True. But conversely, Joe wouldn’t have even considered it had Green not called for it.

1 Like

Ah, well then we are all ■■■■■■.

2 Likes

yeah, nah…Corgi is currently in the first 18 picked. All of last yeah and so far this yeah has played the role he was recruited for. Inaccuracy has been his only issue at times.
The only issue with him is not his fault. Players constantly trying to kick the ball to him as if he were Stewart. Poor bugger had Howe jump all over him in the ANZAC game last year because DH kicked the ball three feet over his head.

If he spends the match running and pressuring without a goal, the forum turns on him to be dropped.
If he creates space, gets out the back and calls for it, he getting ‘cheapies out the back’
If he scores a bunch and is hungry for more, he should leave it to the talls.

Fact is - Green hasn’t been accepted by a lot of supporters as one of ours, for whatever reasons. If it were Walla doing what he does, it would be all praise.

12 Likes

Oh dear

2 Likes

I dont mind Green… but if say Fasolo became available in Trade week, would anyone here consider trading for him (say a second round pick)??

I think he may be a better option than Green, hes out of fav at Coll and hes only 24.

Thoughts on that without trying to rip my head off? :stuck_out_tongue:

Green is a workhorse compared to fasolo. fasolo is front running. sure he can get the odd 6 goal game but he’ll be cold for months at a time.

3 Likes

Bucks off Fasolo due to work rate. He’s too inconsistent with his effort.

I think he from WA so if left likely go there

No it is fair to ask questions but Green is a much better worker and far more consistent that Fasolo. If he worked as hard as Green I think he would be better overall, but he doesn’t and hasn’t shown the will to at this time.

Green plays the game the way the coaches want, works as hard as the coaches want and trains as hard as the coaches are wanting.

Fasolo isn’t and that is why Bucks isn’t excited about him.

2 Likes

The other thing that’s getting lost in this Joe slash Green discussion is that Joe probably would have missed the shot anyways.

4 Likes

Yep, point well made.
Which Blitzer would put their house on Joe from 12 metres out on a slight angle?