#15 Josh Green - delisted

Was the corgi calling for the ball from 30 out when stringer marked on the goal line with no opposition inside 50? Rascal.

Green was matched up against Kelly for a part of the match sim training today. Kelly burnt him for speed, collected the loose ball on the wing and speared a pass lace out.
Not sure if Green is slow or Kelly has more speed than I thought…

1 Like

James Kelly?

James Kelly indeed.

Bring him in

2 Likes

Just on James Kelly loved the video on the clubs web site of him coaching we are so lucky to have this man at our club.

1 Like

It’s time for a trip back to the VFL Josh

Josh in injured.

1 Like

OK thanks. Hasn’t been mentioned on the TV. Two down, Tippa on one leg. This isn’t going to end well.

Perhaps Green was nursing an already suspect hammy…

1 Like

If he already had a suspect hammy coming into the game, well, that’s just inexcusable playing him.

2 Likes

he will be calling for handballs from the treatment table

4 Likes

He should be dropped for getting injured. Freaking useless!

1 Like

He came off when he was cooked and they put him back on. I was sitting just up from our interchange and when he came off the second time he signalled across his throat as if to say “Nup, I’m done”

Why did they put an injured player back on? What’s going on here?

Walla looks injured, RAZ comes back after a long time out and gets injured after one game…it’s concerning.

2 Likes

Handballs from the treatment table, eh?

1 Like

You must have been close to where I was sitting too - Green was right to the point when he came off the first time, speaking to the doctor. Surprised they put him back on.

So i have been wondering what is missing from our side to have 3 crap losses liek this… and i think green missing is a big part.

Green seems pretty important to our team make up.

He was quite good in the first 4 games… excellent infact,…
ADELEIDE 2 goals/10disposals ,
FREO 2 Goals 9 disposals
Footscray 2 goals 9 disposal
Port 1 Goal 9 disposals
Collingwood 0 goals 2 handballs Hamstring 1st Qrt.

Before his injury you could run a clock on his performances, on his way to what should be 50+ goals in a year which is very good… since then we cant replace those 2 goals a game it seems… even when we lost a game with him in the side, we always felt in touch with the lead and there was a chance… 16point freo and 21 points dogs… both time up till half way through 4th there was a chance despite not playing well overall…

But since then we have fallen way off with out him…

Merret hasnt helped, Guelfi while serviceable hasnt… (not sure if they had the same roles though)

And thats with out measuring greens defencive work…

I think he has been a under estimated major loss… We need him back ASAP.

4 Likes

Where Green adds value to the team is linking up the transition from defence into attack - he may not necessarily get many possessions in this part of his role but he knows how to fit into the system - Baguley was always going to be a disaster in this role because he doesn’t have the skills or decision-making to fill this role - Poor Baguley was like a ‘deer in headlights’ when he was involved in transitional ball movement.

1 Like

Green sometimes acted as an extra mid which was handy, because he has a decent workrate on him

2 Likes