#15 Josh Green - delisted

Plays lot of midfield time in the VFL, does well and snags a few.
Plays AFL as a small forward and barely gets near it.

Thought he was ok. Balanced out our forward line a bit and allowed Tippa to play with a bit more freedom than he has of late. By no means a great game, but played his role ok for a first up/return game.

6 Likes

We need a small who can kick goals and pressure. He aint doing either

With Raz struggling Green needs to step up

What was his role today? I thought he was our worst

1 Like

I thought that was Brown…no wait…Myers.

I can’t keep up with who was our worst.

Youre joking? Myers and Brown were pretty decent today.

do you follow me around in every thread?

1 Like

To chase, harass, score if he could. Just typical small forward stuff.

As I said, didn’t think it was a great game, but it was ok. And having an extra small, rather than Laverde, in the front half allowed Tippa a bit more freedom, which I thought worked nicely. So just that aspect of his presence was a plus.
Obviously needs to get better, but that was his first game back, and unlike you, I didn’t think he was our worst.

1 Like

I’d like to see Fantasia go permanent forward again.

I like them playing 2 forward, one through the midfield. I think it works well. Now we have the 3 of them again I reckon we can go back to that. Green has racked up VFL mid minutes, Tippa is starting to show some form again, Raz is building too, so it’s time I think.

1 Like

So easy to pick out the smalls. Tippa only had 12 possesions and 2 goals. Green 11 and 1. Bags 7 and zip.

12-15 possesion is about the norm for small fwds

We don’t have Hooker there anymore consistently giving strong contest/bringing ball to ground for them. Or JD flying for everything.

And Bris had Andrews marking or spoiling fkn everything nearly all game as a spare. Not much scraps to be picked up!

2 Likes

If anything I’d rather Tippa in the middle. I just think Fantasia is a far better and smarter forward than he is a midfield. Let’s not forget he kicked 39 goals last Year.

Yep, he did. Last year, Raz 1.9 per game, Tippa 1.5 per game, Green 1.0 per game. I think we rotate. Give them all a run in the middle, and plenty of forward time. They all contribute in both areas. Raz probably gets more midfield time because he is the best combination of skill and smarts out of the three of them. Which is unfortunate because he is also the best forward. But nothing in life is perfect. Happy we have the options.

2 Likes

His role is to make others look better

1 Like

Not a fan of this player. He fails to use his opportunities in front of goal and he doesn’t always do the team thing.

Might as well play Laverde

Well it is the first comment I have made to you in days so that would be no. However as I post in threads on a footy forum I dare say you might find that we both post in the same thread from time to time.

1 Like

I dunno what he adds to the team to be honest. For his size he is slow and can’t put on as much pressure as a quicker player of his height. He gives up a lot of frees from low IQ football decisions and for a supposed dead eye kick, it seems we have completely essingtned his goal kicking too.

Puzzling.

I think he is a good depth option. His pressure is decent, but isn’t damaging enough with the ball

Green can do what Baguley Can’t do - That is play between the two arcs and be effective - whereas throughout his career Baguley has never been able to play between the two arcs.