#15 Josh Green - delisted

I have a feeling that we are going to be hunting Benfti specials come this draft period. Seem to suddenly have a couple of spots available for small forwards.

3 Likes

Only reason I’d keep him in was because he was quite solid early in the season when everybody else sucked balls.

1 Like

It’s taken a while but starting to come around that he’s not that good maybe we can trade him to Carlton come on SOS you love other teams scraps.

When Stringer marked his kick in the first quarter, does anyone think Green was trying to pass or rather, going for goal.

3 Likes

Nah was going for Stringer

5 Likes

Which was painful for him. He really wanted to kick a goal

1 Like

Looked like he lowered his eyes to me, but then I’ve always had a soft spot for him.

Problem with that question is that it’s Green. So a lot of people around here would prefer to believe the greedy little prick was going for glory, and should have actually passed it to Stringer. And if the players were the other way around, the same people would say Stringer was having a legit shot, and farking Green got in the way and made it all about him. The guy can’t win.

10 Likes

I’d swap him for Trav even if Trav only played a half. He doesn’t tackle, he gives away frees, he can’t hit a target and hes not kicking goals. He’s been absolutely useless lately and doesn’t deserve his spot.

Even though statistically he scores more goals, and lays more tackles than Trav does?

3 Likes

I’d definitely give Green a couple more weeks. If he can return to his early season form he’s definitely best 22.

I’d give Trav a couple more weeks in the 2’s, plus Trav isn’t really a like for like replacement. He’s only a suitable replacement if we want someone to spend some more time on a wing.

I also think we should be keeping Green for another year if he can regain form. we need more small forwards plus we’ll need a Bags replacement at season’s end, so it would seem crazy not to give Green another year or two.

3 Likes

We could draft him fairly cheaply, he’s been in great form and goes in really hard. Be an upgrade on Green in that respect.

He he had a poor night, It’s a tough position to be a consistent performer in, not a bid deal for mine.

2 Likes

I defended him last week as I thought his first month of the year bought him some credits. Boy, he definitely spent those last night.

Not sure Trav is the ideal replacement (he’s an onballer), I think it’s time Long gets a run.

And came off in the second with a foot injury, but went back on.

Not his finest game for sure, but some of the crap in here is just ridiculous.

7 Likes

Long is also an onballer.

I’d be tempted to drop him, not because of his form, but because of when he stopped playing with the ball looking for a free kick and gave it up, when he had an easy handball to free players nearby facing towards goal.

2 Likes

Yes he doesn’t seem to have a lot of love from Blitz. I thought he was probably our most effective forward before he got injured and I thought he made a positive contribution last year. I’d love to see him actually get a preseason poor bugger has never had one.

5 Likes

■■■■ game but he gets another 1 or 2.

9 Likes

It doesn’t have to be like for like. You could just pick your next best player. Fanta and Walla provide plenty of small forward pressure and goal kicking, and now Bags is doing similar. As long as the player picked is quick, or at least as quick and capable of applying pressure as Green (not that hard), it could be a player like Laverde, or Parish when he is fit again.
Even Mutch or Clarke, with Smith playing more forward if necessary.
In my view we are already a bit short; you often notice Green or Walla caught under a high ball, and they give away frees because they can’t compete in the air. It wouldn’t hurt at all to have a taller player replace Green.

2 Likes