#16 “OMG it’s Archie” Perkins

Can’t wait for the development team to get their hooks into this talent. He’s got so many levels of development left to attain.
He’s got the talent to be leading and shifting momentum in games.
We need a group of 5 or 6 players (leaders) who have the talent and confidence and ability to shift momentum. Cox is another and Cox has already demonstrated early signs of that “hate to lose” will power in his first season.

3 Likes

Archie could be anything.
If he can get to a point where he’s finding the ball 20-25 times a game in the middle he will be comfortably our best player.

He’s the only player with that majestic feeling we have on our list.
Its why I want Pou so bad, him and Archie in tandem would be so exciting.

3 Likes

reckon Hobbs could be an excellent double act with Archie

7 Likes

Good to see the boys training with the footy from the get go. None of this leaving skills training til the last minute.

5 Likes

agree

I think Hirdy said he always had a footy in hand

ditto for Warne with cricket ball

they did ok…

3 Likes

Given Essendon’s player development performance, this doesn’t bode well at all.

That’s too big.

No it’s not. Danger 189cm 97kg, Petracca 187cm 98kg, Dunkley 191cm 91kg, Oliver 189cm 87kg, Martin 187cm 92kg, Cripps 195cm 93kg, Bont 193cm 93kg. It’s actually on the lighter side.

3 Likes

He’s none of those players.

He’s more agile than any of them.

Want me to do a list?

86kg would be a good area for Perkins to progress to.

86 kg
Andrew Brayshaw,Finn Callaghan, Adam Cerra, Trent Cotchin, Brad Crouch, Jordan Dawson, Sam Docherty, Jack Gunston, Patrick Lipinski, Rhys Mathieson, Hugh McCluggage, Scott Pendlebury, Mason Redman, Bailey Smith, Cooper Stephens, Jack Viney,

2 Likes

Hate to say it, but he reminds me of a trent cotchin type more than anyone in that list. Good mix of inside and outside, great movement, good in front of goals.

He absolutely is those players, only 4-5 years behind them.

1 Like

Those players are different types of players.

I’d place Perkins in a different category if players. I reckon 84kg max.

Perkins is a mid/fwd, which is exactly what most those players are.

Perhaps you’re right.

As long as he keeps his agility. I just don’t see hime as the crash and bash player like those.
He’s got more poise than that.

1 Like

I think Archie’s leap and ability above head separates him from the pack a fair bit. I think his talents could potentially be a bit lost playing a crash and bash role.

1 Like

He will be more like Connor Rozee.

3 Likes

I think he can keep his agility. As his body matures and he gets bigger, there’s more chance he crashes and bashes, similar to Stringer.

Want to see him get his game to 6-7 touches per quarter, things happen when he gets it, he just needs to work on his production.

1 Like

Oliver was 3rd in the agility run in 2015, Perkins wasnt in the top 10. He should be aiming for 86kg+.