#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

Silly useless ■■■■■■■ … DELIST!!!

1 Like

BIG BOI BEGS

1 Like

BIG BOoTy BEGS

You just know Brian Taylor is going to come up with some ■■■■■■ stupid nickname for him.

Yes … l know… Brian Taylor is ■■■■■■ stupid.

He has a fascination with ‘big boys’ or surnames ending with Y…it’s going to be cringeworthy

Wait for Bruce to get excited, growl Begleeeeeey as he kicks a goal, then tell us how much he likes Begleys legs, or whatever.,

1 Like

My favourite number 16 since Tayte Pears.

6 Likes

Surely gets a game this week, you can’t kick 4 and be dropped.

… but he only played on a kid.

6 Likes

shhhhhhhh.

Excellent beginning, looked very mature and strong. To temper enthusiasm he was not playing against a regular defender and managed to get out on his own, which normally will be harder. However his tackling and attack were first class, and doesn;t get carried away. Paul Barnard? Chappy also. haven't had forward of his type for a long time. Good signs, lets see next game if Geelong give him as much space and disrespect.
On Sunday I saw the Barnard in him, but at this stage I think he may end up better . In the 2000 GF, Melbourne gave Barnard scant regard , so you can see the role a Begley could play.

In 2016 Begley had many elite indicators. One knock was his kicking efficiency .

OK. You lead with average kicking efficiency, I will raise you elite goal kicking. You fold. I win.

Barnard isn't exactly a high bar to match.....

booooooooo

(fark this grammar nazi, not a full sentence business)

not true, Barney was a great asset to EFC, no one farked with him, Solly, the Johnsons, and Dimma… and he always kicked goals

8 Likes

When he kicks 4 in a GF and is a constant menace in big games come talk to me… Until then he isn’t even on the same planet as PB!

14 Likes

NuBlitz clearly doesn’t like yes, or No answers.

It demands actual discourse dammit!!

4 Likes

In New Zealand he would be known as bugly

8 Likes

Oh come on. Barnard was a great clubman and damn useful, but he was always fringe and nothing more than a good average footballer. Which is fine, every team needs them and his ability to do a job either end, made him damn useful for that last bench spot.

But if we’re talking hopes of where Begley will get to, they should be a lot higher than Barnard’s level!

2 Likes

Lets not forget the side he was in…
There were what turned out to be club legends on every line of the ground back then.
He was made to look like a foot soldier by his team mates but he certainly had more than one string to his bow despite being workman like in his approach…

3 Likes

Or conversely he never ever got attention from the opposition, was always on the weakest forward, and could feed off the skills of the champions in the team.

I mean hell, some of those guys who left in 2002 were rated higher but didn’t perform elsewhere.